Discussion topic: Received email saying account blacklisted and to update via link in email . Scam ?

This message was authored by Sam652 This message was authored by: Sam652

Received email saying account blacklisted and to update via link in email . Scam ?

I have received an email acouple of times saying my account is blacklisted and will be deactivated . It states I need to update via a link . First one I deleted but I have had problems accessing my email account . Is this genuine or a scam ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Received email saying account blacklisted and to update via link in email . Scam ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It, will be a scam. The link will take you to a fraudulent website designed to capture your Sky username and password. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Received email saying account blacklisted and to update via link in email . Scam ?

It, will be a scam. The link will take you to a fraudulent website designed to capture your Sky username and password. 

Sam652
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sam652 This message was authored by: Sam652

@Mark39 Thank you . I thought it was . Should I change my password ?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If you haven't followed the link and entered your details it's probably not necessary, but it wouldn't do any harm to change your password anyway.

Just mark the email as spam, but otherwise ignore it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion