Discussion topic: Nuisance emails

This message was authored by Altnaharrie This message was authored by: Altnaharrie

Nuisance emails

I am receiving daily emails from a company using the same email address. This is on web mail  where I have logged into my email account. I have used the block but for some reason the block isn't working and the emails keep coming through. I have checked the email being used and it is the same one each time. How are they circumventing the block feature and how do I deal with it? 

I have also applied filters but they seem to be able to get around this too.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Nuisance emails

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are they ending up in your inbox, if so try marking them all as spam so that they are removed to the spam/junk folder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Altnaharrie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Altnaharrie This message was authored by: Altnaharrie

Thanks for your response,

I will do this if I have no alternative but ideally I would like to block them altogether

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Altnaharrie you may have blocked/filtered the wrong email address. an 'l' for a 'one' for example?

Also - if you're using your browser to access your email, there's usually an advertisement on the top, line rather than an incoming email. Blocking and filtering won't remove it. An ad-blocker add-on for your browser should do. Or use an email app instead of your browser.

Altnaharrie
Topic Author

I shall recheck the email address anbd have a look at the communications for adverts

Thanks for your response

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion