Discussion topic: My wife's sky email

This message was authored by brian+19 This message was authored by: brian+19

My wife's sky email

My wife and I both have sky emails. When we have bought new phones we have always been able to sey up the emails. My wife has just purchased a new phone and we are unable to set it up with the 16 digit code. I have only been able to link it to my email. Any ideas please

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My wife's sky email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@brian+19 wrote:

My wife has just purchased a new phone and we are unable to set it up with the 16 digit code. I have only been able to link it to my email. Any ideas please

Why can't you set up her email address, if you don't use a shared address then when you enter her details it should link to her account. If generating an 16 digit password for he make sure you are signed out of your account and signed into hers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
brian+19
Topic Author

We both have sky emails that were set up as family emails in 2007 on one sky account. Whenever we have changed phones or computers I have always been able to set the emails up induvidual to each other. This has usually been on outlook.

What app or program are you using as you should still be able to set them up on each phone if you are using the correct details and are using the generated password correctly as per my previous post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@brian+19 wrote:

We both have sky emails that were set up as family emails in 2007 on one sky account. Whenever we have changed phones or computers I have always been able to set the emails up induvidual to each other. This has usually been on outlook.

As the previous posts allude, the generated password has to be for the correct Sky email account.

The actual Sky account is irrelevant.

This message was authored by BBC This message was authored by: BBC

Thank you for your help. I have tried several apps. I have set mine up on edison mail using a generated 16 digit password. When I try to do the same with my wifes email with a new generated password I just get a message saying password not recgnised. This happens no matter what app I try to use.

Are you generating the password from her account? (not yours)

To be sure, log in here with her email credentials: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then scroll down to Sky Yahoo Mail access and follow the Manage passwords link and generate the password from there.

brian+19
Topic Author

My wife doesn't have her own sky account. Our emails were set up when I first joined sky in 2007. I have never had a problem until now but I did leave sky for 12 months in 2010 and rejoined in 2011. They then set up a new account but I could still access my old account with all my old details and email addresses.  Now although I can still access my old account all the details appear to be missing. I do wonder if this is the problem

I'm confused as here you said:

@BBC wrote:

When I try to do the same with my wifes email 

Then you said:

@brian+19 wrote:

My wife doesn't have her own sky account.

If she has a Sky email address then she will have an Sky ID and so a Sky account.

@brian+19 

Have you/your wife tried to log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details with her email credentials?

brian+19
Topic Author

I have tried that link and it tells me: 

We're unable to display your details right now but we're doing everything we can to fix this.

Please try again later.

In reponse to a reply by caesarome my wife does not have a sky ID or account. Her email was set up in 2007 when sky allowed up to 5 emails on one account. When I rejoined sky I was given a new sky ID and account (thats the way they said they do it). I have always had access to my old account and it showed all of my old details. Now when I access that account the details are missing. For whatever reason I can only assume sky has removed them

Thank all of your for trying to help

I've had my Sky address since 2006 (when they first provided broadband, if I remember correctly)

Since then I've added an additional user. (I'm sure we were allowed up to 10)

I have subsequently rejoined Sky on different account, so I'm in a similar situation as you.

Both my original addresses are working fine, the original Sky account ceased in about 2009, but that has not affected the email addresses.

If you wife has a Sky email address, she does have a Sky ID, that is the way it works. (the I.D. is the bit before @sky.com)

This is what the secondary address looks like in https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

jayach_0-1689210529192.png

I have had the same "We're unable to display your details right now but we're doing everything we can to fix this." error, but it usually goes through on the second try.

Give it another go with your Wife's details. I'm sure. once you can generate the password for the correct account, it will work.

brian+19
Topic Author

Thank you very much for all your help. The link has now worked but it has my details. Should I change them to my wife's details. I feel reluctant to do this incase it makes things worse. Sorry for my lack of understanding

No, don't change anything. You are still getting your own account.

Try using a different browser and use your wife's email address and password to sign in via 

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details.

brian+19
Topic Author

I understand now that my wife has a sky ID but I really don't understand how she has an account and if she has we haven't the faintest idea what the password is.

I have two accounts and when I follow your link to my old account I get:

Your Sky iD Guest access

Link your sky ID to your household account and get access to your account online and other products like Sky Go or the Sky Q App.

And it has all my details that is why I asked if I should change them to my wifes.

When I use your link and go to my other account it tells me I have full access and has all my details.

It also has me with a very old and extinct email address and a secondary user but no email 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion