Discussion topic: Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an answer

This message was authored by ahso This message was authored by: ahso

Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an answer

Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an answer?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an ans

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There's no general problem with Sky Yahoo Mail. Do you mean you can't log in? Can you try logging in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an ans

There's no general problem with Sky Yahoo Mail. Do you mean you can't log in? Can you try logging in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@ahso 

Can you provide some more details like what is happening when you try to login to view your emails as there is no known issues at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ahso
Topic Author

Thanks for replying to my post. The message reads You are no longer able to create a new e-mail account with Sky.

I am not trying to, just get into long held accounts (5/6) which were established before the tie up with Yahoo. The metod of switching from one to another used has been the same, but now only one works!

Appreciate any guidanc eyour able to share.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'll assume you're logging in via sky.com using your browser as you haven't confirmed it. Try clearing your browser cache or use incognito/privacy mode. Check that you're using the correct log in name and password. If so, the message would suggest that the email account no longer exists. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@ahso wrote:

Thanks for replying to my post. The message reads You are no longer able to create a new e-mail account with Sky.

I am not trying to, just get into long held accounts (5/6) which were established before the tie up with Yahoo. The metod of switching from one to another used has been the same, but now only one works!

Appreciate any guidanc eyour able to share.

Can you explain a bit more about what that means.

When did you last sign in to these accounts?

ahso
Topic Author

Thanks for all your recommendations, what a faff!

I have regained entry to all 6, but only by signing completely out of Yahoo afer each one was regained. Then starting afresh one by one, getting new passwords, doing the 2 step verification stage (copying the password to that sent), & entering. I was unable to use the + Add or manage accounts box. Unable because that took me back to "Unable to add a new account.......".

I managed witout the virtual assistant (tried to use but useless) and without needing to call Sky [content removed], so avoided charges as I don't now have an account with Sky!

Phew, relief after hours of effort. Sorry I didn't find out why someone changed something to cause the chaos.

@jahch +

Moderator note: number removed

ahso
Topic Author

Thanks to @jayach @caesarome @Mark39 I have now rerieved the other 5 as well. What a faff! Had to restore each individually, Update passwords ,&  copy recovery codes for two stage verication. Using box "Add or manage account" was a loop to go to "Unable to create new accounts..." so sign right out, go into Yahoo & restart each time. Sorry I didn't come across who/what had caused problem, accounts had been running for ages with no entry problems.

This message was authored by Siskin30045 This message was authored by: Siskin30045

I cannot see any new emails since 26/04 either... Obviously there is a problem if many users are having the same issue... 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Siskin30045 wrote:

I cannot see any new emails since 26/04 either... Obviously there is a problem if many users are having the same issue... 

Were they they before and have gone? Are you using an app for your email? What device are you using? Any error messages?

Given that it's now July, there would doubtless have been many more posts if there was a general problem.

@Siskin30045 wrote:

26th April ?

There is no major issue as you have just posted on a topic where one member previously had an issue that is now fixed so how do you access your emails, do you use an app or a program like Outlook or do you login to the Sky website ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Siskin30045 This message was authored by: Siskin30045

Sorry! 

I have received no new emails since 26/06. My login details are working, and I can view everything prior to that date.

It might be worth checking these:

Go to Settings > More Settings > Filters and remove anything that you did not setup.

Then go to Settings > More Settings > Mailboxes > Your email address > Reply-to address

And again remove anything here that you did not setup.

This message was authored by DanTomlin1 This message was authored by: DanTomlin1

To say this is frustrating is more than an understatement.However after scrolling through google I found this and it worked.

1. Add new email account in Outlook

2. Type in your Yahoo! email account address

3. Press connect

4. It will take you to the Yahoo! connection portal (which we know doesn't work)

5. Press on the X at the top right hand corner of the connection portal window to cancel.

6. The connection portal will pop up again.

7. Press on the X at the top right hand corner of the connection portal window AGAIN to cancel.

8. This time a new window will appear saying "Something went wrong" and "Account setup was canceled".

9. Press on the change Account settings

10. Change the incoming mail setting to: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

11. Change the outgoing mail setting to: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

12. Tick the secure authentication boxes too then press connect.

13. A new generic IMAP dialog box will open called 'Internet email' - the server name (android.imap.mail.yahoo.com) and user name (your Yahoo email address) will already be filled.

14. For the password, you will need to generate an app password (as per here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/getting-started-with-sky-yahoo-mail) through your internet browser and clicking on Generate and manage app passwords.

15. Use this specially generated password and hopefully this will connect normally.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@DanTomlin1 

Yes those instructions will work fine (as you have found) but you don't need the android on the servers, imap.mail.yahoo.com and .smtp..mail.yahoo.com will work fine.

And here is a direct link to the generator, so people don't need to go searching for it.

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

But thanks for posting, it may be useful for anyone who can't find the info elsewhere on the forum.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion