Discussion topic: Inbound Email Failure

This message was authored by SkyUser999999 This message was authored by: SkyUser999999

Inbound Email Failure

Hello.  I see many posts about fake emails asking for upgrade, change to new email via upgrade etc etc.  Some come with time sensitivity.

Ironically, as of today, i cannot received inbound emails, although i can send.  Not happened before, but the info is a minefield, so am wondering whether I HAVE HAD a Sky real email and did need to do something.  Not sure if anyone can advise or offer a Tel No to ring to maybe adjust something, sign something ?  Have held this account for over 10 years, never been affected with loss of inbound emails 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Inbound Email Failure

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, there have been no changes to Sky Yahoo Mail. Are you able to see all your emails if you log in using your browser via sky.com: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

SkyUser999999
Topic Author
This message was authored by SkyUser999999 This message was authored by: SkyUser999999

Yes i can see everything to Friday.  I have sent myself emails as "tests", none of them arrived, although i can send and they arrive....strange 

To confirm, you're logging in via the link in my previous post, rather than via an app?

SkyUser999999
Topic Author

Yes Mark...used that link you sent 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How do you usually access your emails, via an app or a program like Outlook ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@SkyUser999999 wrote:

Yes Mark...used that link you sent 

Most likely a temporary glitch of some sort, unless you're getting a bounce message back when you send an email to your Sky address. Just tried a test myself, and it arrived promptly so it doesn't look like a general Sky Yahoo Mail problem.

SkyUser999999
Topic Author

OK Mark thanks so much, have done 4 tests, none have arrived, but no bounce back messages either.  Most likely will wake tomorrow to about 432874632648623 test emails haha

Thanks for your help 

SkyUser999999
Topic Author

Hello.  Yes someone did chip in to help me.  Not used this function before, never had issue.  But dont use an app, use the outlook via iphone 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you tried deleting the account then setting it up again using these settings:

Select either "Other" or "Not Yahoo" then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion