Discussion topic: I received an email saying my sky email password was expiring the day before, i take it its a scam

This message was authored by TeresaBre This message was authored by: TeresaBre

I received an email saying my sky email password was expiring the day before, i take it its a scam

I got an email today the 7th supposedly from sky saying my sky email password was about to expire 6th, would this be a scam?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I received an email saying my sky email password was expiring the day before, i take it its a sc

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes it is a scam email as your password is not expiring. It looks like these scams emails are doing the rounds as you are the second person today to get this same one as you can see here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/email-stating-password-is-expiring-click-on-link-to-keep-password...

Don't click on the link and mark the email as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I received an email saying my sky email password was expiring the day before, i take it its a sc

Yes it is a scam email as your password is not expiring. It looks like these scams emails are doing the rounds as you are the second person today to get this same one as you can see here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/email-stating-password-is-expiring-click-on-link-to-keep-password...

Don't click on the link and mark the email as spam and do the same should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@TeresaBre  Agree with @caesarome  it will be a scamm just mark as spam then delete.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion