Discussion topic: How doe I remove 2 Step Verification from my Yahoo/sky email account

This message was authored by JulieRoalf This message was authored by: JulieRoalf

How doe I remove 2 Step Verification from my Yahoo/sky email account

Accidentally set up 2 Step Verification on my phone for Yahoo/ Sky email account but it has also set it for my husband's phone but sends the code to my phone. OK if we are together but a real pain when we are not. How can I cancel the verification and just go back to password???

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How doe I remove 2 Step Verification from my Yahoo/sky email account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JulieRoalf 

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by RobG21 This message was authored by: RobG21

I have the recovery code, but whenever I enter it, it says not recognised! Help!! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobG21 wrote:

I have the recovery code, but whenever I enter it, it says not recognised! Help!! 

You can only enter the Recovery Code after selecting the 'can't sign in with code' link. It won't work if you simply enter it into the password box. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion