Discussion topic: Hi, my email account is locked. My usual password is not recognised and neither is my security qs

This message was authored by Deb+Sheehy This message was authored by: Deb+Sheehy

Hi, my email account is locked. My usual password is not recognised and neither is my security qs

Hi, my email account is locked. It is not recognising my password or security questions. 
This has been going on for a week now. 
I've tried everything, going to sky ID puts me round and round in circles trying to fix this. 
Any answers would be appreciated. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Hi, my email account is locked. My usual password is not recognised and neither is my security q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If there's no phone number in the error message you're seeing, you can find one via the 'need more help' link here: https://www.sky.com/help/home

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Hi, my email account is locked. My usual password is not recognised and neither is my security q

If you're unable to reset your password via the link at log in, you'll need to call Sky, I'm afraid. 

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deb+Sheehy This message was authored by: Deb+Sheehy

Thank you, I'll try again but I'm not able to get through, do you have a telephone number ? They are sending me links that do not work online. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

If there's no phone number in the error message you're seeing, you can find one via the 'need more help' link here: https://www.sky.com/help/home

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

We have rang them directly and they are unable to help us. They suggested we get a new email account. !!!!
I have my tv, mobile and broadband with sky due for renewal soon.  Very unsatisfactory. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Try calling them again as the issue you have found is that no all the call handlers know how to unlock the account. When this happened to me a few years ago it was the third person I spoke to who knew what to do. It might also be worth saying that your Sky account is locked so don't mention email.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Deb+Sheehy I agree - poor. The only circumstances I can think of where Sky might not be able to help is if you have no other relationship with them other than your email account (that is, no subscription). Then they may struggle to verify your identity.

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

Thank you, this is the second person he has called. He's had his account 25 years. 
The problem he has is that he can't get into his ID account. Our current sky tv, broadband and mobile is in my name and his ID account is locked also. 
He's set up a new yahoo account as he needs to get some emails, it's been going for for 2 weeks. 
All really frustrating. 
Will try ringing someone again, thanks you. 

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

They found his identity as they had an old adddress with his email on linked to his old ID account. Agree it's hard when he doesn't have another relationship but he has a mobile account but it's through my account.
I've looked through the past forum and other people have had problems too. 

It has taken up 5 hours of my time already. We're just going to leave it, it's too hard to sort out. 
Thanks for the reply. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Just to be clear, you/he can't log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details?

If so, yes, I think only Sky can unlock it.

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

Yes, we can't follow the link, but Sky have said they can't help us . We're going to ring them again as previous suggestion. 
we just need a few hours and having tried for 5 hours we'll try again another day. Thanks for your reply. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Not quite sure what you mean by "can't follow the link" but what message do you get if you try to log in there, using the sky email address and password?

Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

Sorry if I'm not clear. I've followed the link and put in my password and ID details and it isn't recognised and neither is my security question. These are the correct details. If you  ask for a link to get another password it says it will send it to the email address you can't access. 
Have been told by sky I should get another email address. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Deb+Sheehy wrote:

If you  ask for a link to get another password it says it will send it to the email address you can't access. 

It should go to the recovery email address that has been set up on your account or do you not have another email address setup ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Deb+Sheehy
Topic Author

He doesn't remember the recovery email as he set it up over 20 years ago. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion