Discussion topic: Emails from my Sky address are bounced by Gmail

This message was authored by greylin This message was authored by: greylin

Emails from my Sky address are bounced by Gmail

Gmail is consistently bouncing emails sent from my @sky.com webmail account.  The error message reads:

550-5.7.26 The MAIL FROM domain [sky.com] has an SPF record with a hard fail 550-5.7.26 policy (-all) but it fails to pass SPF checks with the ip: 550-5.7.26 [209.85.220.69]. To best protect our users from spam and phishing, 550-5.7.26 the message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 550 5.7.26 information. x3-20020a19e003000000b004f843924eddsor1592673lfg.2 - gsmtp

What can I do about this? I'm pretty sure I have no ability to set up email authentication for sky.com!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Emails from my Sky address are bounced by Gmail

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How are you emails linked to Gmail, are you trying to send them via your Gmail account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
greylin
Topic Author

There is no connection between the Sky and Gmail accounts. I am sending from Sky webmail to external addresses.

greylin
Topic Author

Huh, OK, this is more complicated than I had realised.  My emails are being sent to a forwarding address run by Google Workspace and that seems to be where the problem lies, not with Sky/Yahoo. I withdraw my request for help as it's not (I think) a Sky issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion