Discussion topic: Emails and Folders older than 7 days have gone

This message was authored by Malcx This message was authored by: Malcx

Emails and Folders older than 7 days have gone

Some time in the last 2-3 weeks a "download a new way to access emails" email was sent.  I had no time to follow through full new download, so randomly selected "basic".  All my original emails and folders were there  though the page looked different.  However, I soon found that it did not store emails in my Inbox for longer than 7 days ( they go missing), and ALL my 40 or so "My Folders" from years of previous email use have disapeared ( in terms of access, though I can still PUT emails in the folders, just never se them afterwards.  I rang Sky ( my email is a sky.com), they sent me to Yahoo.  Yahoo advised it was a Sky issue and sent me back.  No one is taking responsibility for the issue, and so it is not being resolved.  WHO of the two companies IS responsible for this issue?  CAn they ( or me) get the missing folders back?  HOw do I prevent this occuring again.   It seems likely that by choosing a Google or other option new  download over the basic at the beginning, all this would be avoided.  Ho hum

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Emails and Folders older than 7 days have gone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not quite sure what you have done although it could be you have switched to the basic version so to go back to the newer if this is what you have done then just select the option on the right hand side if the page.

As for your missing emails have a read of this as it might be worth a try:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Malcx
Topic Author

There is no option on the RHS of the page

I'm still non the wiser as to what you actually did so what happen if you use this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Malcx
Topic Author

Using the link, I get exactly the same current emails, but none of the older emails or Missing Folders.

Malcx
Topic Author

Scratch that.  It DOES give me the old format AND the missing emails   AND the missing folders!  Well done.  thank you.  HOw do I keep that as my normal access?

Uness you change the setting again it should stay as it is, but it is odd that the basic version shows these emails and folders but the latest version doesn't.

Malcx
Topic Author

Thank you so much for this help.  So much more than hours spent on phone to those who should know! 

I've copied the link to my desktop, so if the emails do fail again, at l;east I can use your link repeatedly 

Cheers

Malcx

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

I'm glad you are now able to access your emails using the link @caesarome provided, but I'm totally confused as to how you got into the situation in the first place.

@Malcx wrote:

Some time in the last 2-3 weeks a "download a new way to access emails" email was sent.  I had no time to follow through full new download, so randomly selected "basic".  

Is there anyway you could show us the email that started it (obscure any personal details) as I've not heard of any such email, other than scam ones, and had you followed one of those you would be in a much worse position.

Malcx
Topic Author

Its just happened again, and when I log in, I get this:

Compose
Inbox

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
The latest version of AOL Mail is not supported on your browser. Please use a supported browser below or use basic Mail.
  • DownloadGoogle Chrome
  • DownloadFirefox
  • Continue
    Continue with basic MailThis version has fewer features but supports older browsers.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Have you tried using one of the alternative browsers recommended?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion