Discussion topic: Disable Spam Feature in Yahoo Mail

This message was authored by ldoodle This message was authored by: ldoodle

Disable Spam Feature in Yahoo Mail

Hi,

I use Gmail as my emial "client" (both web and mobile), so it collects mail from my other email accounts into one place, including Sky.

However the Yahoo Email platform sometimes (rightly) marks items as Spam or Junk and puts them in the Spam folder. However sometimes it also wrongly marks items as Spam and I end up never seeing those emails because I never tend to use sky.com for email access - the Gmail POP collector function only retrieves messages in the Inbox folder.

I cannot find a way in Yahoo email to completely disable the Spam filter. So how do it I do this? Some workarounds I've seen online don't actually seem possible because "Inbox" is not a folder I can select in the 'Move to Folder' option - I only have "Archive", "Deleted Items" and "Junk E-mail".

Thanks

PS: As a side-note for never using sky.com/Yahoo email (web or app), is that I totally disagree with any email service injecting email ads to my email folder views! I understand that this is actually provided by Yahoo, but Sky's agreement should include ad-free email services.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Disable Spam Feature in Yahoo Mail

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not sure there is an option of disabling the spam filter so your options are to login to it every so often to look for misidentified emails or to not have any emails sent to your Sky.com address and instead use Gmail only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by KBK56 This message was authored by: KBK56

You are telling me there is a spam filter apart from the one's i have to create?? Yahoo seems to just ignore the amount of crap that comes through on my email account. It's all Phishing emails but that is besides the point, there is no way i should have to create a filter for nearly every email i get because it is Phishing emails. in the past week i have created about 40 filters to try and stop this crap.

Yahoo/Sky should be taking an in depth look at how the email system operates.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@KBK56 wrote:

You are telling me there is a spam filter apart from the one's i have to create??

There is Yahoo own filter so if you are unhappy about this why not stop using your Sky email address and use something like Gmail where the spam filtering is way better in my view.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@KBK56 @I agree with@caesarome - Gmail's spam filtering is excellent. To be fair, I rarely see spam via Sky Yahoo Mail either. I suspect much depends on your online activity and how rigorous you are with marketing consents and cookies.

By the way, blocking senders isn't a very effective way of dealing with spam - spammers email addresses are rarely used more than a few times. They just set up new ones.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@KBK56 

No one is telling you anything. You haven't even asked a question.

Sky|Yahoo have an excellent spam filter (in my opinion). I have never had a phishing email get through, they all end up in spam, as they should.

There are the occasional "false positives" so you need to check the spam folder occasionally, but overall it works well.

Edit: As @Mark39 says using blocking/filtering to stop spam is a complete waste of time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion