Discussion topic: Can't get my Yahoo Sky mail on my desk top?

This message was authored by G+Lister This message was authored by: G+Lister

Can't get my Yahoo Sky mail on my desk top?

I usually get my email on my desk top in Windows Mail tab.  But as its quite full, I have to delete it and then add it and everything usually works.  But for some reason its not coming up and the box where I would add my email address and password is showing the new look of Sky-Yahoo, is just not connecting to it, and so I have to go into the internet and download my emails from there, which is a pain because I would normally click on the email app at the bottom of the screen and it would bring up my emails.  Any suggestions please?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't get my Yahoo Sky mail on my desk top?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Save this link in your bookmarks:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@G+Lister wrote:

I usually get my email on my desk top in Windows Mail tab.  But as its quite full, I have to delete it and then add it and everything usually works. 

The icons in the task bar are not tabs, but shortcuts to the program/app itself.

So if you have been using jayach_2-1688561748393.png to access your email you have been using Windows 10/11 Mail, so just what do you mean by "I have to delete it and then add it?

G+Lister
Topic Author

I sometines dont see all my emails and I was told by one of the advisers to go to the bottom and click on the Manage button. Then click manage account, then click on my my email account name and click delete from this account. Then after it is deleted I click in add account and add my account. This usually downloads all my emails. But its not doing it this time. Sorry i'm not a whizz kid on computers.

Thanks, that now makes sense, I can understand what you are doing.

I can see why the adviser recommended that, but it should really only have been for a "one off", if you have to keep doing it something is very wrong.

Unfortunately the Windows 10/11 Mail client is having problems at the moment with Sky email, usually it is showing the emails as "code" is how some users describe it, but yes some have reported it not downloading everything.

The only real solution at the moment is to not use Windows mail, more avoidance than cure I'm afraid.

Using the webmail, as you have been doing, is probably the easiest work around, but you could try another email client like Thnderbird.

To make it easier to open your emails in the browser, assuming you use Edge as the browser.

Open your Sky email in the browser and click on the three-dot icon.to the right of the address bar.

jayach_2-1688610986041.png

Now click 'More tools' and click 'Pin to taskbar'.

After confirming that you want to pin the URL shortcut to the taskbar, the web link will appear in your taskbar.

Then, in the future, click on it to open your email directly in Edge.

Hope this helps.

G+Lister
Topic Author

Thank you so much Jayach.  It has really helped.  Thanks for telling me also that there's been a problem with Mail and Sky. I will stop wasting my time trying to connect in this way.  Thanks again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion