Discussion topic: Can’t connect to server

This message was authored by P1. This message was authored by: P1.

Re: Can’t connect to server

Does anyone have an update on this problem? 

This message was authored by Reallyfree This message was authored by: Reallyfree

No but it does seem better. May have happened once since the last activity on here. 
what do others think?

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Yes seems better at the moment no notification about any fix 

This message was authored by Apache+48 This message was authored by: Apache+48

Hi 

I am still getting issues, today was headers etc, but no content from server, just give up on it, just ridiculous how long it's been with no response from sky or Yahoo, latest updates from Apple not fixed anything, seriously looking at BT now for Wi-Fi mail etc, just reluctant to change it at present,  keep hoping it will be corrected.

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Yahoo app works fine 

This message was authored by H.Dollin This message was authored by: H.Dollin

Hi, does seem to be better recently, only now and again doesn't connect to server, don't know reason not changed anything.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@P1. wrote:

Does anyone have an update on this problem? 

If you are referring to the problems with Apple Mail clients, then no.

I don't believe there will be any resolution from Sky/Yahoo. it appears to be an Apple problem.

There are a number of "work-arounds" in this thread, have you tried those?

This message was authored by JStinton This message was authored by: JStinton

Yes it seems better but issue still there

This message was authored by Apache+48 This message was authored by: Apache+48

if it is an issue with Apple, does any one know what can be done, is Apple aware of the issue,  as when I phone sky, or Apple they deny any issues

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Apache+48 wrote:

if it is an issue with Apple, does any one know what can be done, is Apple aware of the issue,  as when I phone sky, or Apple they deny any issues

If you read through the thread, you'll see that other users have reported the problem to Apple who are investigating.

This message was authored by arnsbrae This message was authored by: arnsbrae

"if it is an issue with Apple, does any one know what can be done, is Apple aware of the issue,  as when I phone sky, or Apple they deny any issues."

A number of posters here seem to have convinced themselves that this can only be an issue with Apple. But we don't know that.

The problem is intermittent which would seem to rule out the Apple Mail app itself. As others have said, things do seem to have improved quite a lot very recently but I doubt whether Apple or Yahoo will tell us what they fixed.

Obviously we have the option of accessing Sky \ Yahoo in other ways but my strong preference is to access all my email accounts using the Apple Mail app so I'm keen to see this resolved.

This message was authored by P1. This message was authored by: P1.

I'm still having problems and the recent IOS updates don't seem to have fixed it. 

Im currently using the yahoo app but would prefer to use the original format.

I don't know where the fault lies but I hope a solution is found! 

This message was authored by maryjane10 This message was authored by: maryjane10

Are people still having this same issue or have you found a solution.. I don't particularly like the yahoo mail app. Just wondering what other have done. It still drives me insane one minute it works another it will not download anything saying this message has no content or this message has not been download from the server. It got even worse since the latest update. 

This message was authored by KITTYPRYDE101 This message was authored by: KITTYPRYDE101

Maryjane10 yep I'm still having problems! I'm not keen on the yahoo app either but needs must and all that. Unfortunately if not fixed by now doubt ever will be! 

Gemma1806
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gemma1806 This message was authored by: Gemma1806

I have started using Outlook as I also hate the Yahoo app. Sky are not interested in the problem as they've stopped supporting email altogether, leaving those of us with sky email stuck. Yahoo have the audacity to charge for any support. I pay enough for Sky already without paying more simply to fix their awful email set up. Apple are allegedly aware of the issue and 'working on it' but since it started last November, it clearly isn't a priority for them. I am considering ditching it altogether and forwarding my Sky email to a more reliable provider to enable me to use the mail app without problems. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion