Issue is still ongoing. It is a joke.

This message was authored by NCF111 This message was authored by: NCF111

Re: Can’t connect to server

Also get error saying 'the connection to the server failed'

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Email server issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NCF111 

Is this via an iphone and you are using the Apple app then there have been issues for a while. For now it should work via the Yahoo or Outlook apps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@P1. wrote:

@jayach 

Please give me your interpretation of post number 67.

We all need to be vigilant and not let this problem become just another forgotten issue that we learn to live with! 

If you mean this one: 

@Smithers123 wrote:

I pointed sky technical to this thread , all thought they did not ring me back as as promised , seems something has been done can only hope was me " probably wasn't " just wish they could had admitted there was a problem and posted updates !!! At the time , 

@Smithers123 seems to believe theirs is now working, possibly because of "something" Sky have done in response to them pointing Sky to this thread.

If your previous post was intended just for @Smithers123 you should have said so, otherwise it is assumed to be just a general statement.

@P1. wrote:

We all need to be vigilant and not let this problem become just another forgotten issue that we learn to live with! 

If you think that posting on here is going to get it fixed any sooner, you are sadly wrong.

Sky have no interest in the email service anymore, and the fault will be with Apple or Yahoo, only one (or both) of those will fix it.

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Yahoo re direct you to sky - I believe Apple that the problem is not theirs as all other emails work fine no issues ,  Yahoo is to Blaim I would say , if not fixed will vote with my feet and ditch sky as my ISP next time contacts are up 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Smithers123 wrote:

if not fixed will vote with my feet and ditch sky as my ISP next time contacts are up 

Wouldn't it be easier to just setup a new email address somewhere as it seems a bit crazy to move ISPs over an email issue especially when there are work arounds ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Smithers123 wrote:

Yahoo re direct you to sky - I believe Apple that the problem is not theirs as all other emails work fine no issues ,  Yahoo is to Blaim I would say , if not fixed will vote with my feet and ditch sky as my ISP next time contacts are up 

Changing ISP will not fix your email problem, it will just create a new one as not all ISPs now provide one.

I believe the problem is Apple's, as it only stated after the last iOS update, and no other clients/apps are having the same problems with Sky|Yahoo email addresses.

But, who knows? Maybe it's the Russians.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@jayach wrote:

I believe the problem is Apple's, as it only stated after the last iOS update, and no other clients/apps are having the same problems with Sky|Yahoo email addresses.

Yep, that's my take on it, too. Sky Yahoo Mail is continuing to work normally. Except via Apple apps.

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Did say earlier that yahoo s iOS apple servers  could be where the problem is esp if not updated to work with latest iOS update ? 

Just needs some one to own up and put out a statement instead of keeping everyone guessing 

This message was authored by Apache+48 This message was authored by: Apache+48

I'm with you on that one, nothing from sky,  still issues,  🤔

This message was authored by chrissyb1 This message was authored by: chrissyb1

Just updated to 16.1.2 - hoped that would solve the problem but.... no!

This message was authored by JStinton This message was authored by: JStinton

Looks like Apple updates 16.1.2 has fixed my connection to server issues

This message was authored by JStinton This message was authored by: JStinton

Spoke too soon. The error message has come up again, although loads of emails have downloaded ok

This message was authored by CJ2015 This message was authored by: CJ2015

Latest apple update has not fixed mine. Still intermittently failing to connect to server. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion