Discussion topic: Can’t connect to server

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Re: Can’t connect to server

@Smithers123 @I keep looking at 'is yahoo mail down' website and it indicates that there is a problem with Yahoo mail but it has been reporting this for the last week.  Of course, it could be Apple users only who are reporting problems on the website.  

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

For Bt to back heal them they must have been bad as I worked for BT for a long time 

This message was authored by Susan+J+Lloyd This message was authored by: Susan+J+Lloyd

Re: Emails on iPad and iPhone not synching. Server issues

Thank you Mark 

This message was authored by arnsbrae This message was authored by: arnsbrae

Same problem here - intermittent connection to server issues and\or content not downloaded.

First we had that annoying online password generation hoop to jump through and now this - with one of the solutions being to use their web email.

Are they trying to drive us to that? I see they have monetised the Yahoo web portal with adverts but they can't do that when we access via Apple's email app.

I'm going down to the basement to find my tin hat..😀

This message was authored by Smithers123 This message was authored by: Smithers123

Sky failed to ring me back well there a surprise **bleep** 🤦‍♂️ 

Bleep😱!  was on and off last night working fine now  for now 

I pointed sky technical to this thread , all thought they did not ring me back as as promised , seems something has been done can only hope was me " probably wasn't " just wish they could had admitted there was a problem and posted updates !!! At the time , 

This message was authored by P1. This message was authored by: P1.

This problem is not resolved! I'm still getting the same error messages! 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Same here.  It is a shambles.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@P1. wrote:

This problem is not resolved! I'm still getting the same error messages! 

No one said it was!

This message was authored by HowfenDave This message was authored by: HowfenDave

I have been having the same issue intermittently too. Checked settings and still getting the 'cannot connect to server' message on iPhone and iPad running Mail, as well as MacBook running Outlook 365.

This message was authored by HowfenDave This message was authored by: HowfenDave

The irony is that I am waiting for an email from Sky confirming that they are finally sending me a replacement Sky Stream handse after 15 days, but might not get it because their email servers are just as useless

This message was authored by P1. This message was authored by: P1.

@jayach 

Please give me your interpretation of post number 67.

We all need to be vigilant and not let this problem become just another forgotten issue that we learn to live with! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@P1. wrote:

@jayach 

Please give me your interpretation of post number 67.

We all need to be vigilant and not let this problem become just another forgotten issue that we learn to live with! 

Post numbering varies depending on individual forum settings, so quoting a post number is meaningless. The apps used on Apple devices appear to work only intermittently, so there's still a problem. Sky Yahoo Mail via Sky.com and on other devices seems to be working fine.

This message was authored by NCF111 This message was authored by: NCF111

Email server issue

Unable to get emails. Says unable to connect to server.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion