Discussion topic: Can’t connect to server

Gemma1806
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gemma1806 This message was authored by: Gemma1806

Re: Can’t connect to server

I started on the Apple support page on their website but this is the number they call you from +353 (twenty one) four two five 9200. I've not had to call them. They automatically arrange for you if you follow the on screen options. 

Sorry about the random phone number! Sky won't let me post it as it's been repeated too many times apparently!!

This message was authored by Susan+J+Lloyd This message was authored by: Susan+J+Lloyd

Emails on iPad and iPhone not synching. Server issues

Difficulty reading emails on iPad and iPhone as yahoo server issues.  I delete emails already read and they keep reappearing.  Please help 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Emails on iPad and iPhone not synching. Server issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using the Apple Mail app? Problems with the app have been reported over the last few days. You could try the Yahoo Mail app until Apple fix it.

Edited to add: or log in ti Sky Yahoo Mail using your browser via sky.com

This message was authored by JStinton This message was authored by: JStinton

I am having cannot connect to server issues too over the last few weeks as well on my phone. It is sporadic- works ok then suddenly you get the issue, so can't be a settings issue @Gemma1806 . Yes I can get my emails via internet browser but as you said not ideal. This is a sky/yahoo issue that needs sorting urgently 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@JStinton wrote:

This is a sky/yahoo issue that needs sorting urgently 

It appears to be an Apple problem as it only started after the last iOS update. Others report the Yahoo app works for them in the meantime.

This message was authored by Kop+Claire This message was authored by: Kop+Claire

I trying deleting the mail account to then re-load and it will not connect to the account at all (even thought i am putting in the correct info - and getting an e-mail on my computer)- now i have no e-mails on my phone - what a shambles and extremely frustrating - THIS IS CLEARLY AN APPLE / YAHOO ISSUE GET THIS FIXED!!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

There is other ways to access your emails on your iphone @Kop+Claire , you could install the Outlook email app or the Yahoo email app as these should work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Kop+Claire wrote:

THIS IS CLEARLY AN APPLE / YAHOO ISSUE GET THIS FIXED!!

What have Apple said about it?

Gemma1806
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gemma1806 This message was authored by: Gemma1806

Apple have all the data from my phone and are looking into it. They have acknowledged that the issue seems to be with the mail app as the emails are fine in all other email apps. As already mentioned, the more people who report the problem directly to Apple, the better. If enough of us complain, they will invest more resource into fixing it. It seems to be an issue with the Yahoo servers and the Apple mail app.

This message was authored by golf18 This message was authored by: golf18

I to have been having this problem interesting that my gmail account's through Apple Mail do not have any problems 

This message was authored by maryjane10 This message was authored by: maryjane10

I am having the exact same issues it's driving me mad. One minute the emails will download the next it's cannot connect to server or this message has not been downloaded from the server. You can't read your emails its so annoying. I've also notice before when I deleted an email it came of my other Apple product immediately. Ive just deleted some a few minutes ago and both Apple products are not in sync with each other, they eventually catch up as every so often it seems to work okay which is very strange, it's as though we are being limited. Are others finding the same? 

This message was authored by KITTYPRYDE101 This message was authored by: KITTYPRYDE101

Can’t access mail iPhone

I can't access my sky email on the mail app on iPhone it is up to date on iOS 16.1.1 said couldn't reach server? tried deleting email account putting back on it won't let me and yes I have correct email log in can log in via sky.com and no not my phone tested a gmail account I use for competitions and that works fine! Tried re boot restart phone . Tried adding as yahoo just goes back to add account as sky.com email tried when adding email other no tell me no password?! Straight after I put it in?? Please help like I say know not my phone as other email works fine and can access emails at sky.com so why not in mail app?? Please help! 

This message was authored by KITTYPRYDE101 This message was authored by: KITTYPRYDE101

Re: Can’t access mail iPhone

Update got the account back on iPhone but still saying won't connect to server! 

Iv just done a post with the same issue before seeing this know not my phone or email or the mail app as I have a gmail for entering competitions and that updates fine in the mail app just the sky one that says can't connect to server?! Can access my email other ways but it's a nuisance! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can’t access mail iPhone

This is an ongoing issue as there other posts on here about it as one member has contacted Apple about it. In the meantime you should be able to access your email ccount via the Outlook or Yahoo email apps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion