Discussion topic: Can’t connect to server

Gemma1806
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gemma1806 This message was authored by: Gemma1806

Re: Can’t connect to server

Yes they work fine in the Yahoo app which suggests it's a compatibility issue with Apple and Yahoo. About time it got sorted out!! It was fine until the latest update and it's been awful since. 

This message was authored by P1. This message was authored by: P1.

I'm having the exact same problems as previously discussed on both my iPad and iPhone 13 and it's worse since I updated my phone to IOS16 a couple of days ago. 
There is a problem for sure and all involved seem to be denying any knowledge of it and blaming each other.

I don't know what the problem is but it needs a resolution NOW! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not a fix but if you are having issues then there are other ways you can access your emails, the Yahoo email app, the Outlook app or by logging into the Sky website that you could use until this is fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi, many thanks for your input. 

I have already installed the yahoo mail app on both devices and it works fine and importantly it does update as it should.

There are a few things that are confusing me about this problem. I originally thought it was a yahoo issue as over the years I've had so many problems with the service, and on a number of occasions my sent mails have been deleted by Yahoo causing me to lose hundreds of important email documents!👎🏻 However, I'm now considering it to be related to an apple issue. I first thought it was the IOS16 update which was installed on my iPhone around the time my problems started BUT, my iPad is still on IOS15.7.1 so this doesn't seem to fit?

Added to this is the fact that the yahoo app works fine on both devices is pointing me towards the apple mail app!?

The problem seems to be so intermittent, working one day and not the next and sometimes when I try to refresh mails on my iPad and it fails saying "cannot connect to server" it says it was last updated on    9-11-22 when it's clearly updated after that date even though it's hit and miss when it does update.

My wife is also on the apple iPhone/iPad combination but she has yet to update either to IOS16 but she is also having similar problems but to a lesser extent.

I would be comfortable using the yahoo app as a temporary measure until a fix is found but all parties involved must know a problem exists and let's face it, it's not the first time this has happened, however, no one seems to be accepting the problem or proposing a fix for it and in the meantime we, the paying customers are left feeling very unsupported.

Im losing faith rapidly in both apple and yahoo and it's only a matter of time before we throw the towel in the ring and move onto a more reliable system, should such a system exist! 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@P1. @I think you are right, I too am beginning to think it might be an Apple problem.  I have a page for Apple feedback and I am going to let them know about this.  They may probably already know but it will do no harm.  Can I ask what might be an ignorant question?  It is okay to instal the Yahoo email app and also leave Yahoo email running in the Apple mail app or will I have to delete it from the Apple Mail app first?  Your help is much appreciated.

Gemma1806
Topic Author

I spent the best part of an hour and a half on the phone to Apple support last night. The issue is not fixed but they acknowledge there is clearly a problem as all my settings are correct - we checked literally everything! I have a follow up call with them on Sunday where I hope they will have more news as they have escalated it to the next level (whatever that means?!). I will keep you all posted should I get a resolution. 

@Gemma1806 Thank you so much for getting back to me and for taking the trouble to get in touch with Apple.  I have installed the Yahoo app as a temporary measure.   I also very much appreciate you keeping me posted when you hear further from Apple.   Best wishes.

Hi All, 

Im pleased that you have a workaround and that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if and when you hear from apple, there response would be interesting! 👍🏻

This message was authored by chrissyb1 This message was authored by: chrissyb1

@jewers , sorry for delay in replying. Yes the yahoo app does seem to work fine although I don't like it as much as the mail app but beggars can't be choosers. I've got them both running at the moment to see if mail app sorts itself out 🤞

@chrissyb1 @Many thanks for getting back.  Yes, I have installed the Yahoo app and it is working but, like you, I don't like it as much as the Apple Mail app.  Doing the same as you and running them both at the moment.  Hope this gets sorted soon!

Hi All, 

I'm to am running both together and it's very interesting to do a comparison. The Yahoo mail app responds pretty much instantly to an incoming mail with a comforting tone while the sky mail app remains suspiciously quiet and when I open it, it only has mails that were received hours ago and when I swipe down to refresh it, it responds with the usual connection failure message! It's all disappointing as like you, I much prefer the Apple option. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jewers wrote:

I don't like it as much as the Apple Mail app

You could try the Outlook app, never used it myself but might be worth a look ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Gemma1806 Hi, just wondering if you've had any further feedback from apple? 

Gemma1806
Topic Author

They are still looking into it. I've sent logs, screenshots, you name it, so they have plenty of information! I have another call scheduled on Wednesday. As soon as I have an answer, I'll let you know. In the meantime, any one using Apple Mail should also report the issue. The more who do, the more likely they are to invest resources into sorting it out. 

This message was authored by chrissyb1 This message was authored by: chrissyb1

@Gemma1806 what contact number are you using for Apple, I happy to also raise as an issue via the help desk as well as having visited the shop as I would really like to get it sorted

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion