Discussion topic: At Breaking Point - Compromised Account - No HELP

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author
This message was authored by Aleksandrorlov This message was authored by: Aleksandrorlov

Re: At Breaking Point - Compromised Account - No HELP

@jayach That's very strange, I have the exact same entry for 17th August in Dublin, it was more real for me though as coincidentally I was on holiday in Dublin that week?

That's very weird

The only niggling elements is the emails I received on Thursday from yahoo/sky and also recent activity on the yahoo site did show activity in Belgium at the same time on yahoo and via email? That's very strange that part

Also let me assure that I am managing everything from the sky side of things and the error with my wife's account I have never attempted to login with mine on yahoo as I don't use yahoo or sky for my own personal email

But the Dublin thing is weird 

Meerkat
This message was authored by Collyec This message was authored by: Collyec

@jayach also  signing in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details and scrolling down, it only says Password, under that section it has 2 option edit password and edit security question 

The word yahoo isn't mentioned under any section 

If I click edit password it gives me the 2 options of reset by email or question, so I assume I have no app passwords in use, just my normal sky one?

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author
This message was authored by Aleksandrorlov This message was authored by: Aleksandrorlov

AAAH DONE IT AGAIN, RIGHT ACCOUNT THIS TIME

@jayach also  signing in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details and scrolling down, it only says Password, under that section it has 2 option edit password and edit security question 

If I click edit password it gives me the 2 options of reset by email or question, so I assume I have no app passwords in use, just my normal sky one?

Meerkat
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aleksandrorlov wrote:

AAAH DONE IT AGAIN, RIGHT ACCOUNT THIS TIME

No problem, I know they are both you now.

You need to scroll down further to get to Sky Yahoo Mail access, but yes if you have never generated an app password I suppose that section may not exist.

Web capture_7-10-2023_164530_www.sky.com.jpeg

It really was an amazing coincidence I had an apparent access from Dublin at the same time you were there. 

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author

@jayach Thanks again for your time.

Would you be inclined to agree that everything for a sky email account is therefore managed from the sky side of things from the mysky portal? As apposed to everything that is shown / accessible from the yahoo side, If so, as my wife's email and sky account still has the same password I created and receiving emails, the account is secure?

I suppose I'm trying to reassure my wife and myself that her account / email account is secure, despite the activity aspects that mentioned Belgium and the emails that also referred to Belgium 

Meerkat

@Aleksandrorlov wrote:

Would you be inclined to agree that everything for a sky email account is therefore managed from the sky side of things from the mysky portal? As apposed to everything that is shown / accessible from the yahoo side,

Yes, definitely.

If so, as my wife's email and sky account still has the same password I created and receiving emails, the account is secure?

From what you have said, it doesn't sound like your accounts are any less secure than mine, but if I had any doubt I would change my password, just to be sure.

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email

If your accounts had been compromised you would probably be aware of it.

Friends and other contacts may complain of emails asking for money.

You emails would probably be being diverted from your inbox to stop you being aware of their actions.

If you can show us more about the Belgium email (obscure any private info) it may be possible to explain it, but at the moment I suspect someone accidentally used your email address whilst trying to reset their own password. It does happen.

But yes, any doubts, change your passwords.

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author

Unfortunately I deleted all those emails that came through on Thursday, since then I have changed my password twice, 16 characters in length. So I can't show you the emails that sparked this whole thing.

As I said I changed it most recently yesterday and have been able to access the emails since Thursday and obviously been able to access my account and email since last changed yesterday. 

On that basis I assume my account is secure? 

Meerkat
Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author

It was just very strange that the emails mentioned Belgium in the same way yahoo had activity shown in Belgium? But as I say password changed since 

Meerkat

@Aleksandrorlov wrote:

As I said I changed it most recently yesterday and have been able to access the emails since Thursday and obviously been able to access my account and email since last changed yesterday. 

On that basis I assume my account is secure? 

I would concur.

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author

@jayach One final question, under the mailboxes section within settings, am i correct in saying that the only mailbox showing under the mailbox list should be my wifes @sky.com one? and when i select it everything in the right hand column is my wifes email etc

Meerkat

@Aleksandrorlov wrote:

@jayach One final question, under the mailboxes section within settings, am i correct in saying that the only mailbox showing under the mailbox list should be my wifes @sky.com one? and when i select it everything in the right hand column is my wifes email etc

Unless you (or someone else) has added one, yes.

As you can see here I have a few "send only" addresses. 

jayach_0-1696862403097.png

When you select it, everything on the right will be the details for that account. 

jayach_1-1696862698261.png

I've never tried adding an additional mailbox (and the types that can be added are very limited) so I don't know just how they will appear.

Aleksandrorlov
Topic Author

@jayach great, yes under that purple mailbox icon it just show me the wife's full sky email, if I click that,  everything on the right shows her email address in various fields 

No other Icons like yours or even similar, sound like as it should be 

Meerkat

@Aleksandrorlov 

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

I can't explain the apparent connection locations you see via the Yahoo site (but then I can't explain mine either) but I don't think your/your wife's account(s) have been compromised.

Edit: I've just noticed the connection between your username and signature. LOL

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion