Discussion topic: price increase/cancel

This message was authored by janers This message was authored by: janers

price increase/cancel

i am in mid contract with sky fibre, there will be a price increase applied in april, can i cancel with out penalty

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: price increase/cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@janers 
If you haven’t received it yet you’ll get an email or letter by the 23 March outlining the increases and your options. If you can cancel you have to do it within 30 days of receiving the notification. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
janers
Topic Author
This message was authored by janers This message was authored by: janers

thank you

This message was authored by Balusri This message was authored by: Balusri

I received a letter dated 29/02/2024. I've ordered broadband with another provider, but that will go live only on April 5th. Does this mean it is out of the 30 day period? Will I be charged a penalty?

Thanks.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Balusri 

It does say on the letter/email:

If you’re within your minimum contract period, call us within 30 days of getting this email to avoid early termination charges. 

So you haven't called Sky then I would do so via the number shown in your letter to let them know that you have signed up with another supplier so they can hopefully exempted any potential charges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Thanks for the reply. I did call sky last week and informed them. I'll call them again to double check. 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Balusri You should also have in the message area of your sky account the details of your cancellation, possibly an email confirming your move to the other isp from sky, and a letter posted to your home address saying sorry you are leaving. Log into your account and have a look at your messages may save you the long phone call.

Thanks. Currently the message section is empty, but I'll keep an eye on it.

@Balusri If your new isp is part of the broadband switch program, they would have informed YOU and also SKY that they are taking over the existing broadband connection, with the fact that you have posted 5th april take over was this something that you have requested. There is normally a 14 day cancel period for any supplier, if they are not part of the switch program then it is up to you to cancel with sky, the fact that your message section is empty would be a concern, and even when you say you called the earlier you would have got the cancellation e-mail. If you also look at your billing section this should also say that you are finished and produce the appropriate bill?

This morning I received an email from sky saying my broadband will be switched to Vodafone on 5th. It didn't mention anything about final charges. I'll contact sky and confirm that I won't be charged any penalties for leaving the contract early. 

@Balusri If you log into your account, check your bill for this month, should have all the charges on it, you can also see next month bill if there is to be a slight run over, that will save you a call and it should be updated. And if you need the link regarding cancel policy or search help on sky.com it will explain exactly the process for cancellation with all the details regarding payments, refunds etc

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion