Discussion topic: full fibre available

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: full fibre available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@toptinker you can upgrade your broadband whil still in the fixed 18 month period so need to wait but talk to Sky as they can give you proces based on your exact needs and current deals..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
toptinker
Topic Author
This message was authored by toptinker This message was authored by: toptinker

Thanks I don't see a phone number on my account page.as u say I need to actually speak to a advisor? 

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

If you dial 150 from your sky landline or sky mobile (if you have one) that will take you through to sky

toptinker
Topic Author

thank you. sorry for the late reply but when i try and log in says unavaiable not working. on 2 devices. logged on through my wifes user on the same laptop and i am back in ? still waitibg for sky to ring me back. got a deal on 100mbps as they say thats more than what i need ok. so engineer booked in a couple of weeks. having said this i changed my mind after only a hour or so as i found loads of other ISPs providing the same and often faster speeds. after asking to cancel this fibre order i asked what would it cost to cancel my b/band contract as i have 8 months to go. think he said approx £27 ish ? which i can live  with. having said i will cancel he did me a better deal of slightly cheaper per month and now 145mbps but i am still waiting for them to cancel the first order so i can upgrade to the 145mbps and a touch cheaper. i am really xxxxed off that they said they would phone me nothing yet this was 2 days ago ? the mood i am in now is to cancel the order anyway settle my contract and go elsewhere. never has issues with sky before thia very dissapointed. whats your thoughts ?

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Any provider will need to complete the final installation of the full fibre from the street to the house so at least you have your current service in place while you wait for this

As you already have the 100Mbps ordered and in progress you could always see that through to activation and then see if they honour the offer on the faster one once it's simpler to upgrade, save cancelling and replacing which would put you back to the end of the queue for openreach engineers

at the end of the day it is your choice to stick with what you know or to try something new, at least you have the cooling off period once active so if you don't like what ever service you get there is the option to switch once the hard work is done 

This message was authored by Paul1276 This message was authored by: Paul1276

I received an email from OpenReach on New Year's Day saying FTTP is now available at my address and listed a whole swathe of possible suppliers. I rang Sky only to be told that my address is not listed. I then looked at the websites of other suppliers and most of them were already listing my address on the 1 January. The earliest installation date available was the 23rd January. It is now the 10th and Sky are still not listing my address. 

toptinker
Topic Author

ok i am now up and running with 100mbps. on wifi speed tests around the house i pull between 106mbps and the lowest being 80 plus. happy with these results. i would like to increase in the back yard shed its approx 2ombps. this distance being only approx 8 metres from the skyq mini box (i presume this box is a extender ? ) i have tried to connect my sky extender with no joy. is this because both my main and mini q boxes are hard wired and not wifi connected ?UPDATE i have positioned the extender next to the mini box and turned the mini box connection to wifi and it did connect, although i would like to keep the mini box connected via wired connection. any tips etx would be great ?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@toptinker you need the right type of Sky Booster/extender to work with the Sky hubs that come with full fibre so if your extender is quite old say over 6 years it might not work but if it looks like a white Q box or the current hub its fine.

Each Sky Q box is in practice an extender itself and if yours are hard wired and you havectge wifi on they will act as wifi bridges ie using tge ethernet cable for backhaul to the hub while providing wifi coverage for devices in their area. There is no point adding an extender In the same area it wont make things faster indeed it can slow things down.

Boosters are best placed midway between the hub or Q box and where you need the signal boost as they need a decent wifibdignal to work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
toptinker
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply. Yes the extender I have is exact same as the router just in white. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion