Discussion topic: full fibre available

This message was authored by toptinker This message was authored by: toptinker

full fibre available

ok open reach or should i say morrisons and another company (subcontracting) have last week installed full fibre connections on our street. spliced was the last termed they used ? so my query is when will i be able to run full fibre to my house. i believe all i need now is connecting to the system ? thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: full fibre available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@toptinker 

You can do so once retail ISPs such as Sky start listing FTTP as an available service and you sign up for that.  Openreach don't make the final connection into an individual address until an order from an ISP lands with them.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
toptinker
Topic Author

cheers for that. i understand this. what timeframe would you say it will be available (upto 900mbps)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@toptinker 

Once Openreach / BT Wholesale list an address as being in an FTTP deployment area, it depends on how quickly an ISP dredges that information into their own sales database.

The BT Wholesale Availability Checker is here:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

toptinker
Topic Author

cheers pal please see the pc. thanksBT Broadband and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 27_12_2023 14_17_58.png

@toptinker 

See the first line below the table.  Until that changes, no ISP using the Openreach network will list any Ultrafast broadband products for sale at the address because they cannot place an order for connection.

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Openreach update their records usually once per month and that date varies from area to area

For my address the full fibre cabling was fitted in October but could not place orders with bt until November and with sky or any other provider until the January 

just keep checking your postcode in sky.com as a new customer to check when it updates to show the full fibre packages

toptinker
Topic Author

ok cheers.so should i just wait or contact sky in a few months, should i register my interest etc?

Personally I tried to wait patiently for it to become available and then placed my order via the website as I was upgrading from superfast so I had a working service the whole time

who is your current service with?

toptinker
Topic Author

i am with sky. i am as they say on the fastest on the copper phone wires at 30mbps. i usually get 28 max its ok for me but if faster is avail then i want it LOL

Try and be patient and wait for the Easter sales lol

once it's released for other providers to start and supply you may start to get junk mail through the door from companies trying to get you signed up for the full fibre

I started with the ultrafast to see how the WiFi signal compare to the old superfast and then upped it as my WiFi in the house was faster than the connection and once that was bottle necked by the hubs output I upgrade to the new max hub

toptinker
Topic Author

ok good news i can now access full fibre that was quick from them doing the cables in the last 2 weeks. anyways i have looked atISP costs ranging from 300-900 mbps top of my head range from £30-£54 per month, that wouls be broadband only. so not sure with sky what it would be as they say£30-£50 but that would be with sky tv, (which i have) also i could poss do without a landline as i only need my mobile. i presume a line retal would be in the cost as before ? my broadband contract expires with sky in august.

thanks please advise would be great

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@toptinker Sky sell several full fibre products from 35Mb/s to 900Mb/s but unless bundled in a special offer typically Ultrafast+ which is the 500Mb/s product retails at £48/month for broadband alone. See https://www.sky.com/broadband

TV services are additional costs. Line rental is included as is a free voice line where you only psy for calls you make. There are various bundled offers but given TV contracts are separate from Broadband you may not be eligible  for a bundle offer if your current TV agreementis still in the fixed contract period.

Give Sky a call if you are confused.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
toptinker
Topic Author

Thank you for your input. Poss get a better deal to stay with sky etc ? I can wait till august but I am sort of desperate for faster speeds. Does faster and new hub improve wifi signals I do have a few issues with blind spots ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion