Discussion topic: any idea how I get to talk to a human being re adding broadband onto my existing sky account

This message was authored by Garry1012 This message was authored by: Garry1012

any idea how I get to talk to a human being re adding broadband onto my existing sky account

I'm struggling to speak to a human being at Sky to understand what the cost would be to add Broadband onto my existing sky account and I want to know if the internet speed in my postcode area is any good, since I hear a lot about sky broadband not being fast 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: any idea how I get to talk to a human being re adding broadband onto my existing sky account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Garry1012 wrote:

I hear a lot about sky broadband not being fast 

Sky broadband at any particular address will be just as fast as that over the same technology from any other ISP on the Openreach data network.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: any idea how I get to talk to a human being re adding broadband onto my existing sky account

@Garry1012  You will need to call Sky to duiscuss your options

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Garry1012 wrote:

I hear a lot about sky broadband not being fast 

Sky broadband at any particular address will be just as fast as that over the same technology from any other ISP on the Openreach data network.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion