Discussion topic: Wireless Booster products

This message was authored by western206 This message was authored by: western206

Wireless Booster products

I need to extend the range of my Sky broadband router. I think its an old style Q hub - upright black box with ventilation grill on top. I've seen here that 3rd party extenders like T-Link can be problematic. I understand there's a Sky branded Wireless Booster product but can only find it on Amazon at £67. Seems expensive. Is this a good choice? Is it sold by Sky too - can't see it on any of their web pages.

Any ideas really appreciated.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Wireless Booster products

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@western206 

Yes once you have boost they are free to claim. Info on the subscription + perks can be found below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-boost

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Ring sky and talk to them first

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@western206 

Sky boosters being sold online are not legit. The only way to acquire one properly is by subscribing to broadband boost then claiming them from Sky.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
western206
Topic Author
This message was authored by western206 This message was authored by: western206

Thank you - great advice. Are they supplied free to Boost customers and are there any other Boost benefits?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@western206 

Yes once you have boost they are free to claim. Info on the subscription + perks can be found below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-boost

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@western206 wrote:

I think its an old style Q hub - upright black box with ventilation grill on top. 

Q Hubs are flat horizontal boxes with smooth tops.  Old Sky Hubs (pre-2016) and the 2019 Sky Broadband Hub are upright.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-which-sky-hub-do-you-have  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion