Discussion topic: WiFi good but NO INTERNET????

This message was authored by Glenn58 This message was authored by: Glenn58

WiFi good but NO INTERNET????

Changed to fiber option 5 days ago... this evening no internet... open reach box is blinking 3 green lights but SKY modem only shows 2 green lights power and WiFi... non Internet... tried rebooting, taking connection cable with open box in and out .... still no Internet!!!! HELP !!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi good but NO INTERNET????

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenn58 if the connection is still down this morning and the connection test in the My Sky app run over a mobile connection doesn't tell you there is a known fault post again and one of the Superusers can escalate your post setting up a chat session for you with Sky saving a loooong wait on the phone.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Glenn58
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply. The connection is OK this morning. It is annoying it dropped down and that I was not zble to do anything about it. As a new user I don't have an app. You can imaging the frustration when I see on Sky web: " if your Internet is down log in ...." does it mean that those without app cannot do anything... my wife also worries this might happen anytime when she is having meetings.

The Skype mentioned that in the first 14 days Internet/ connection might be unreliable. If we are having a fiber option now why this cannot be reliable... should have stayed on superfamily instead of optic... I am thinking of calling Sky and cancelling... thanks for your help so far... cheers

Glenn58
Topic Author

Sorry for the typos. Predictive text made several errors ..

I mean to write SUPERFAST

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenn58 it sometimes take a few hours for Sky's systems to pick up a new connection which is why I suggested leaving it until morning. In practice full fibre is much more reliable than the old FTTC system Sky Superfast uses. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion