Discussion topic: WiFi dropped after unticking sychronise 2.4 and 5 ghz and renaming 2.4

This message was authored by Jcholmes This message was authored by: Jcholmes

WiFi dropped after unticking sychronise 2.4 and 5 ghz and renaming 2.4

I have had a new 203 router supplied - so - it connected fine and had good wifi on my PC  but I needed to connect my home security system which requires 2.4 = I followed instructions on this forum and logged into router and unsynchronised the 2.4 and 5 ghz then renamed the 2.4 channel and suddenly the whole wifi  dropped (and phone line) and now I cannot connect at all. The troubleshooter says there is a problem with the cable between the purple ports - despite disconnecting etc it cannot fix it. Have tried reset and cannot log into the router anymore as it is not connected.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: WiFi dropped after unticking sychronise 2.4 and 5 ghz and renaming 2.4

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jcholmes  If you are trying to reset the router you need to hold the reset button for around 20 seconds. When trying to split the Wi-Fi frequencies this is best done over a wired connection.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Jcholmes
Topic Author

Thank you - I tried that and it is still erroring on the cable between router and wall.

Am I right in thinking it is possible to separate 2.4 and 5 ghz on this model?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Jcholmes  Which model of router do you have from the link below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Jcholmes you can definitely separate the bands on the black SR203 hub but couple of gotchas first is using any device running ios can cause issues with logging on and saving settings. Ideally use a non-Apple device if you can't use Chrome rather thsn Safari.

If you use a device connected by wifi when you apply the chsnges you will be disconnected as the hub applies the changes. Depending on the changecto SSIDs you mske your device msy require to be reconnected oncectge hub restarts. Hencecthe advice to useca device connected by ethernet.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Jcholmes
Topic Author

sky router model SR203

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion