Discussion topic: What are the sign in details for router on web browser?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: What are the sign in details for router on web browser?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GeorgeEffa wrote:

Secondly,  must I connect the ethernet cable to my router or i cannot connect to any other network port 

If your property is wired for ethernet (which is still unusual) then that may work, but you cannot use internal phone wiring or telephone extension wall ports.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GeorgeEffa This message was authored by: GeorgeEffa

Thanks alot.

Please lastly, 

must I connect the ethernet cable to my router or i cannot connect to any other network port within the house because my router is in my room while my TV is in my living room?

This will inform me if am to buy a longer ethernet cable that can reach my room from the living room or i can get a short one and plug on the closest port to the TV in the living room?

Thanks 

This message was authored by GeorgeEffa This message was authored by: GeorgeEffa

Thanks. Much appreciated 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@GeorgeEffa Without knowing how your house is wired if at all for ethernet data.

If like datapoint in Bedroom, and a datapoint on wall near the TV, then these normally all terminate in a cupboard somewhere with possibly multiple connections and hopefully all marked with names.

If this is the way, you would need 3 ethernet leads, one for router in BR, one for tv in LR, and one to patch the 2 sockets if they were in the cupboard.

You need to go look at how your home is laid out, if you take pictures of all 3 points we can advise.

Hello, 

I can't see any cupboard with such connection though, however I have attached pictures of the master socket where my router is in my bedroom, the port close to the TV and a pot within the living room.

20240309_210520.jpg

 port close to TV

20240309_210302.jpg

 port in bedroom where router is connected

20240309_210444.jpg

 port just lying in the living room.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@GeorgeEffa All wrong, you first pic is a virgin media telephone point not to be used.

2nd picture OR connection, plate missing incomplete, get it fixed correctly.

3rd pic home made telephone extension connection, your home wiring is a mess.

You can forget about any connections, you will have to run the long ethernet cable from your bedroom to the rear of the TV.

Or purchase Powerline network to place at each point and use the mains wiring to get the connection.

Go to amazon and search powerline, see what comes up, get only ethernet type.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GeorgeEffa 

As I mentioned, most properties (particularly older ones) are not cabled for ethernet, and phone cabling cannot be used to move data around internally.

Thanks, I will get a long ethernet cable then for now, then fix it subsequently. 

Hello, Please help with login  details to my router, I have tried admin and sky, I have also tried with my password yet not login in, I notice a write up on the login page saying ur connection is private or so.

Thanks 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@GeorgeEffa  Which router do you have for your broadband subscription from Sky from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

@GeorgeEffa wrote:

I notice a write up on the login page saying ur connection is private or so.

The 'not private' warning is entirely as expected, because ISP routers use self-signed SSL certificates which web browsers object to.  As log-in data never leaves your home network, this can be ignored.

Hello, 

I have the Sky Broadband hub "

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@GeorgeEffa  To login into that hub, the username is " admin" without the quotes and your Wi-Fi password if you have not changed it.

I have used same but still not login in

@GeorgeEffa  Which browser or device are you using to try and login to the router?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion