Discussion topic: What are the sign in details for router on web browser?

This message was authored by Collinsc This message was authored by: Collinsc

What are the sign in details for router on web browser?

Seeking advice on sign in details to my router web page (192.168.0.1) so that i can check and remove devices using it.

I have tried "admin" "admin", and "admin" "sky" and also tried the router ID and password but no luck.

Advice appreciated!

All Replies

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

Re: What are the sign in details for router on web browser?

Which Sky router do you have? If it's one of the later models login should be: 'admin' (without quote marks) and the wifi password shown on the back of the router, unless you've changed it. In which case, use that wifi password.

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
Collinsc
Topic Author

worked - thanks!

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Collinsc wrote:

Seeking advice on sign in details to my router web page (192.168.0.1) so that i can check and remove devices using it.

I have tried "admin" "admin", and "admin" "sky" and also tried the router ID and password but no luck.

Advice appreciated!

@Collinsc 

Default user credentials are below the relevant Hub types:

Hubs.png

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Pistonhead changing the wifi password on the SR203 or SR204 hubs doesn't change the admin password  there is a separate entry for that

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Collinsc
Topic Author

Further to this post; i have located where to see what devices are connected to my network but i cant see how to remove them- any suggestions please?

thanks

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Collinsc  If they are connected via Wi-Fi and you have no control over these, then you can change the Wi-Fi password as @Chrisee suggested and this will kick them off your network.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Collinsc
Topic Author

Thanks - what I'm really after is to be able to manage my own devices. I'd rather not change passwords.

thanks

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Collinsc 

that is not possible with a Sky hub. If the device is logged in with the correct pasword it will connect.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Collinsc
Topic Author

Ok thank you

This message was authored by GeorgeEffa This message was authored by: GeorgeEffa

Hello, I have the third router posted above and have tried the password but i can't login, as I need to see ethernet settings so as to connect my TV. Advice will be appreciated 

This message was authored by GeorgeEffa This message was authored by: GeorgeEffa

17100064832483851297745509710336.jpg

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GeorgeEffa 

I suspect your problem is that's not an ethernet cable: it appears to be the flat four strand RJ11 lead intended to link a router to an Openreach prefiltered wall socket or microfilter for FTTC broadband.  RJ11 cannot work when plugged between a router ethernet port and the ethernet port on a television set (even though the plugs will fit) : ethernet uses RJ45 plugs and eight core cable.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Thanks for your response, please share a picture on an ethernet cable suitable for my TV, I felt if I get access to ethernet details I can set up the network and enhance connection.

Secondly,  must I connect the ethernet cable to my router or i cannot connect to any other network port because my router is in my room while my TV is in my living room?

received_926438602463812.jpeg

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GeorgeEffa wrote:

please share a picture on an ethernet cable suitable for my TV

MAP132Image2.jpg

Something like that: colours of sheathing varies, but the RJ45 plugs are typically clear, and there should be 8 wire strands inside.  Cat5e is good enough.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion