Discussion topic: WPS

This message was authored by Andaem This message was authored by: Andaem

WPS

Can someone add a device without the WiFi password by using the WPS button? (I hope not).

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: WPS

@Andaem 

Only if they have access to the WPS button physically on the premises can they add a wireless client.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Andaem
Topic Author

@mae-3 So would the person potentially connecting the device via WPS require physical access to the WPS button each and every separate time they leave and re-enter the premises in order to connect their device to the network this way?
Andaem
Topic Author

@mae-3 If they connect with the WPS button, they won't be able to select auto reconnect to the network so they can automatically reconnect to the network when on the premises without physically pressing the WPS button after the first time will they?

@Andaem 

Nope, physical access would only be required once.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@Andaem 

Most mobile devices require a password and don't support WPS.

-------

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mae-3 wrote:

@Andaem 

Most mobile devices require a password and don't support WPS.

WPS was removed from Android with release 9 in 2018: I'm not sure it was ever in iOS.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion