Discussion topic: Voice light orange, no internet.

This message was authored by razy60 This message was authored by: razy60

Re: Voice light orange, no internet.

As a further update.

This is still happening and still no resolution,  Sky clearly do not give a xxxx. I am stuck with a service that won't work correctly that for reasons beyond me I can't  change. 

Sky should be ashamed. 

This message was authored by GroverKen This message was authored by: GroverKen

Further update - managed to solve my own problem. After 18 months of continual (about 3 times a month)  resetting and contacting Sky, going back to BT has cleared it up. Three months so far and not one dropout!

This message was authored by Heysey71 This message was authored by: Heysey71

Im off to EE for my broadband. Sky no help, still gettimg the same problem every 4/5weeks no updates or help. Just reset and wait for it to go again.

Bye Sky....

This message was authored by purplelabrador This message was authored by: purplelabrador

I have had sky fibre for one week and we have had multiple drop outs with the orange voice light which seems to go back to green after I pull the power plug out and put back in. I also don't understand the speeds as sky account says I am getting 150 but a speed check from my phone says 30. Can anyone explain to me the difference or have ideas to solve the constant drop outs?

If you can get out of the Sky contract find another supplier,  if not you have 2 choices, 

1. Put up with unplugging your router and plug it back in again.

2. Call the useless support service who will do nothing except make you run around in circles and achieve Jack.

As for your speeds, go to Fast.com and use that to check your speeds, if you can use a wired device, or in Netflix go to settings or about and use there network checker.

This message was authored by james+rayner This message was authored by: james+rayner

I had very same issue two years ago. I wrote an email to CEO sky group her department got in envolved, and after 5 engineers visit and sky made contact with CEO of open reach they replaced parts on telegraph pole and put new lead from telegraph pole to my property new internal box and it fixed the problem. But there is one thing open reach engineer said to me and that was if your property is more than 300 meters away from the street green cabinet then it will cause drop outs on Ultrafast not sure if this true but replacing what parts on telegraph pole, lead and internal box fixed it.. 

I've tried that route but got ignored,  Sky will not recognise that there is a fault with the equipment they use.

This message was authored by Wayne32 This message was authored by: Wayne32

Voice LED on router goes Amber; drops signal.

Hello All. Recently upgraded to full fibre after problems going back to last November. Multiple visits inside and outside house with well intentioned SKY and Openreach engineers. New routers; new extenders; hard wired from router to Q box, etc, etc, etc. Now have this issue that looks to be not new and the result is the same - unreliable service. Happening weekly now and Voice LED goes Amber and no signal anywhere in the house. Has anyone been able to get this solved? Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Voice LED on router goes Amber; drops signal.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wayne32 that is a symptom of an issue with the Sky server managing your connection which will get fixed but given these units are often physically in a distant exchange it can take time but it is infuriating when it affects your connection.

One trick that often works is to either use the hub's interface to drop the connection and then reconnect hopefully onto a different unit or the power down for 30 minutes. Otherwise call Sky who will hopefully escalate tge issue to their network team.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Changing provider probably won't help you'll get the same issue with other routers I'd imagine, nearly all providers use Openreach bar Virgin 

This message was authored by Spidergirl This message was authored by: Spidergirl

I've been recommended to go with community fibre - they use their own cables as well. Lets see 🤞🏻

This message was authored by Heysey71 This message was authored by: Heysey71

Dropouts would be ok (not great) if the router just reset but it freezes and you have to manually reset the box. I was told the Voice light should go orange when its searching for a connection to a phone but it wont affect the wifi (which it obviously does). I also dont have a phone connected. Its more the fact that sky will not recognise the problem. Only way find out if its Sky or Openreach is to move on. Ive started my move from Sky

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

@Heysey71 my router resets itself at least once a day, I've been told it's a faulty power supply, I've had around 6 different routers from Sky and it still does it, beginning to think it's a problem with the ONT, only way to find out would be to switch provider when my contract is up, I've had the orange light problem also on numerous occasions but it's more the router hard resetting itself now it's annoying as the mini box upstairs loses connections and I have to go through the wps setup everytime, I've had an engineer out and they said the mini boxes are normally fine and they should just reconnect themselves 

This message was authored by TimTim22 This message was authored by: TimTim22

I am having the same issue since I upgraded to Ultrafast BB last year. My broadband goes down which is then confirmed by the orange VoIP light on the hub. It is so random. Once it worked for over a month before the orange light came on, sometimes its can happen every other day.  I have just been restarting the Hub at the mains which solves it. I have been wanting to resolve this issue but just havnt been getting the time to come onto the forums. The orange light was on this morning when i woke up but was fine last night. 

Hi, the only real solution is to ditch Sky BB.

Nothing worked the best I've had is 5 weeks and that was by changing the wifi settings to separate 2.4 and 5ghz, not ideal as devices then can only sign into 1 or the other.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion