Discussion topic: Turning off sky router wifi

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Turning off sky router wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RH1011 you cannot record on the pucks but the system either can access shows from one of the apps or cloud records where it cant the number of things you cant watch later from the Playlist is tiny so I dont find it an issue myself. Stream has improved in the last 2 years but does take a while to get used to. However do your own research and check thecchannel list as not everything on Q is on Stream.

The Sky Q mesh worked pretty well for me with powerline but wifi speeds were not that important as I had a FTTC connection running at 80Mb/s. I upgraded to fibre after I got Glass/Stream. The issue with ethernet speeds is erratic but we have had too many reports to discount it as a myth. The Airties mesh system Q uses was great in its day but does have its limitations now. .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by RH1011 This message was authored by: RH1011

Re: Turning off sky router wifi

Just an update on this thread. I ended up going for the Eero pro 6e mesh system as they have specific instructions for setting it up with sky broadband and I presume some testing would have been to for compatibility. Unlike my experience with the Deco X50's, this was the most straightforward setup I've ever experienced. Had the 3 nodes connected, sky hub WiFi turned off and network connection on Sky Q box reset and everything working perfectly within 20 minutes tops. I'm also getting consistent 500mb/50mb speeds on Ookla and the Sky mini boxes are rock solid (still connected via powerline adapters). Overall delighted with the outcome so far.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion