Discussion topic: Switching away from Sky because of the April price rise

This message was authored by doby_p This message was authored by: doby_p

Switching away from Sky because of the April price rise

I wan't to switch away from Sky because of the price rise.

Feels like I've only just joined Sky (end of Oct 23), and now they want to hike it by £5.75 a month taking it to £36 per month. The deal I thought I got has been nullified within 5 months of service!

The contract says I need to inform them of this to aviod the early termination fee but how does it actually work in practice? Is it the same as an out of contract switchover where there's no loss in service? Or do they termate the service and leave you without any broadband/phone until the new provider can get up and running?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Switching away from Sky because of the April price rise

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@doby_p work out who you want to go with then call Sky within 30 days of the date on the price increase notification telling them you intend to switch due to the price increase. if you go to a provider who also uses Openreach that provider will handle the whole process including arranging the cancellation with Sky. If your new provider uses a different network than Openreach you will need to agree with Sky a date to stop the service.

It is getting near to 1st April do unless your payment date is late in the month you msy have left it too late. Also check that your new provider hasn't a price increase pending most do put up prices in April.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@doby_p  Have you called Sky to see what your options are regarding this?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
doby_p
Topic Author

I got the email about the price rises on the 15th so I've got plenty of time. I don't mind having to pay the increased price for x number of weeks in April until the switchover is finalised. 

doby_p
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

Not yet! I wanted to get a jist of the process before I call and get lost in the converstaion while potentially forgetting to ask something important. This is why I really prefer live chat to phone calls!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@doby_p talk to Sky as to what they require as I expect thecswitch will have to be booked before the 30 days are up.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion