Discussion topic: Still having issues with broadband

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Still having issues with broadband

Hi I'm still having issues with my broadband, I've rang Sky and they have escalated it to Openreach who say there is no problems, router is resetting itself at least 2-3 times a day I've had a new router delivered today and within half an hour of connecting and powering it up it has done the same thing, I've had around 4-5 replacement routers and still haven't fixed the issue this has been ongoing for months, would a kind moderator be able to raise a chat for me with an advisor on here as it would appear ringing Sky is a complete waste of time they just suggest sending a new router out, I need an actual broadband engineer to come out to my home and see if there's any issues cause apparently there are none on Sky's end as well as Openreach's, I have a TV engineer coming out on Thursday I've been advised to speak to them about the broadband problem....

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Still having issues with broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 

If the router is resetting itself I am not sure what an engineer is going to be able to do.

Can you please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Robbo0410
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

Screenshot_2024-04-02-17-42-23-56_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 

So 1hr15mins ago the router rebooted. Did it do that itself?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Robbo0410
Topic Author

@jamesn123 yeah I've had the problem for a while now, it just randomly does it, could be on for a full day could be for a few hours before it resets itself, it doesn't do it a set time it's just random times, got a TV engineer coming out on Thursday cause Sky think it's the main box and mini box causing an issue, no issue would cause the router to reset itself, had a phonecall from a broadband engineer earlier today he said it's worth asking the TV engineer to run some tests and see if they can find anything as they'll more then likely know a thing or two about broadband 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion