Discussion topic: Sky hub during test says speeds are 30mb but hardwired to x box reading downloads speed of 6mbps

This message was authored by Simon133 This message was authored by: Simon133

Sky hub during test says speeds are 30mb but hardwired to x box reading downloads speed of 6mbps

The sky hub speed test using sky app says I am getting 30mbps and yet the x box that is hardwired using an extremely highly rated cable is only registering 6mbps download speed. Why is this? I bought the cable with maximum bandwidth due to this issues as the assumption was ineffective cable. No improvement.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky hub during test says speeds are 30mb but hardwired to x box reading downloads speed of 6mbps

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Simon133 
Is the Xbox wired directly to the Sky hub or is it through another device such as booster, Q box, powerline, extender etc.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Simon133
Topic Author

Re: Sky hub during test says speeds are 30mb but hardwired to x box reading downloads speed of 6mbps

The sky router is plugged into the open reach master socket 5C and then out of the router I have used a category 8 2000mhz s/ftp ethernet cable that directly plugs into the x box. The sky app tells me the speed is 30mbps but when updating a game it reads 6mbps on the x box and seems very slow. 

Simon133
Topic Author

20240411_111819.jpg

Simon133
Topic Author

20240411_111834.jpg

Simon133
Topic Author

20240411_111826.jpg

@Simon133 

Can you please post your router stats

Also are you sure the Xbox is showing 'Mbps' not 'MB/s' they are two different units so the reported speed would be different.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Simon133
Topic Author

Screenshot_20240411_113501_Chrome.jpg

@Simon133 

Your router stats are showing no device is connected to a LAN port. Are you sure the Xbox is configured to use LAN not WiFi & the cable is connected properly?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Simon133 cant help noticing that those stats show zero traffic over the LAN are you sure your xbox is using the Ethernet cable rather than wifi?

Snap @jamesn123 😀

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion