Discussion topic: Sky hub delivery

This message was authored by becky431 This message was authored by: becky431

Sky hub delivery

I have signed up to sky and had an engineer come on 28th Dec - he said we were all set to get going.

i haven't received my hub as yet and keep getting texts from sky saying my order is delayed due to open reach issues so now I have to wait until 12th Jan for an update!!

any advice?? 
it is still stating that the hub hasn't  been dispatched as yet also.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky hub delivery

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@becky431  Was all of the outside work complete and did they do any inside work or did you have to wait for a further visit of an engineer to finish off the install of your broadband?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
becky431
Topic Author

@Highlinder they did all of the outside and inside work and said it was all set - we just needed the hub and then we could crack on.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@becky431  The quickest way to get this resolved would be to give Sky a call and tell them this. If this still insist on you waiting till the 12th, ask they why this needs to happen if everything that was to be done has been done.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
becky431
Topic Author

@Highlinder Thank you - I have tried calling but lines always busy - will try again.

thanks for your help.

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Unfortunately openreach engineers have a nasty habit of telling customer what they want to hear rather what they need to hear

at least this one didn't tell you to call sky to get them to press the imaginary button that actives the services

if the engineer has completed the work then they should have notified their employer, openreach, with what they have done so the order would progress and the order update so that the hub is sent

it sounds like the engineer was there to complete external work and happened to do the rest without notify openreach so the final installation and order completion will be the new date next week with the hub delivered in advance

it is best to check with sky otherwise it is all speculation

This message was authored by ME26 This message was authored by: ME26

I'm the same keep getting messages saying hub delayed..but engineer supposed be coming on 24 th.. my existing broadband runs out 24th !! Told sky all this engineer can't do anything without hub.....ordered this ages ago..I mean how long take for hub to be delivered other providers it's delivered within week .... if it's not here and all sorted on 24th I have NO internet hence no tv (sky glass) or any internet for all other aspects I use at home!!!!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ME26 wrote:

engineer can't do anything without hub.....

That's not really correct: for FTTP everything the installers need to do can happen without a Hub, and in remote activation of FTTC you won't even see them.

The annoyance for the subscriber is that they can't use an otherwise working service without a Hub (or Sky compatible router)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

All very confusing I was told wouldn't use open reach (boxes in street) as was having a different set up super fast hence engineer on 24th just wanted date on hub delivery just says coming soon??... cutting it fine for my expired current broadband 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ME26 wrote:

All very confusing I was told wouldn't use open reach (boxes in street) as was having a different set up super fast hence engineer on 24th 

Sky uses the Openreach data network.  Technically it's correct that FTTP doesn't use street cabinets though: that's FTTC.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

@ME26 wrote:

engineer on 24th just wanted date on hub delivery just says coming soon??... cutting it fine for my expired current broadband 

Typically despatch is timed for arrival a couple of days before the activation date.

Thanks x unfortunately didn't accept address?? Couldn't complete😔😏

If dispatch is couple days before not looking good...suppose activate on 24th😔 might call sky tomorrow 😏..another few hrs on phone.....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion