Discussion topic: Sky broadband WiFi signal keeps dropping out

This message was authored by Lavender45 This message was authored by: Lavender45

Re: Sky broadband WiFi signal keeps dropping out

Our Sky broadband is dropping out two or three times per day.  My son has managed to capture 16 screen grabs which show no internet connection.  It is very annoying, as I work from home and have to reconnect all drives which is time-consuming.

Please can you provide an explanation how to get those router details.

And then what ?

This message was authored by Matthew This message was authored by: Matthew

i have just joined back to sky today after previously leaving them due to poor broadband connection, and low and be hold day one of the internet and it drops out every couple of hours. Never had any issues before with my previous supplier how do i get this resolved.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthew wrote:

i have just joined back to sky today after previously leaving them due to poor broadband connection, and low and be hold day one of the internet and it drops out every couple of hours. Never had any issues before with my previous supplier how do i get this resolved.

@Matthew 

Can you run the Broadband Test from the MySky App or using this link:
https://www.sky.com/pages/sky-com/test-your-broadband

My you please post your router stats, this can be done following the information in the link below.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Matthew This message was authored by: Matthew

please see attached Stats for my current internet.

System Up Time: 08:19:44

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 29551 68857 0 8421 13845 00:05:52 LAN Up 14170731 16890129 1 912202 13021791 08:19:44 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 1052685 274847 0 36576 1831 08:18:16 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 27359931 11284171 0 0 221510 08:05:49

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 79994 kbps 20000 kbps Line Attenuation D1(4.2 dB) , D2(10.6 dB) , D3(17.7 dB) U0(1.6 dB) , U1(7.9 dB) , U2(13.1 dB) Noise Margin 6.4 dB 12.1 dB
This message was authored by Ian+Dunn This message was authored by: Ian+Dunn

Over the last two weeks the Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping out. The light is orange. Sometimes it reboots and other time I have to switch it off and back on.  Very annoying. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Ian+Dunn 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by fiona.mac This message was authored by: fiona.mac

Sky broadband WiFi signal keeps dropping out

Hi. My home wifi keeps dropping every 30mins or so, which is impacting my working from home. Could someone please help, guide me. I've done the on-line tests but they only work when there is a connection. Below are my stats in the hope this helps. This issue has been going on for over a week now. Thanks.

fionamac_0-1656415513899.png

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@fiona.mac 

Your stats are not of any use right now as you only rebooted the router 13mins ago unless that wasnt you?

Can you post your router stats next time you notice the issue occuring, without rebooting the router

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

@jamesn123 thanks. I didn't restart the router; the connection keeps crashing and sometimes the router power button goes red (no other lights), but mostly it is the internet light which starts flashing / goes to amber / goes off / then restarts. New stats below

fionamac_0-1656424369167.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@fiona.mac 

Your downstream speed and noise margin appear to be varying substantially through the day every time it happens the noise margin increases to stabilise the line at the expense of your speed. Whilst sky essentials doesn't have a guarantee i believe if the line drops 10 or more times a day you may still be able to call sky due to instability

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Thanks @cookiemonsteruk (from one BSAC diver to another 😊). Am talking to Sky now

@fiona.mac 

Let us know what happens

@cookiemonsteruk Turns out that I'm on ADSL and the quality of the line is poor. I've upgraded to Sky Broadband Superfast for £1 extra for the next 18 months

@fiona.mac 

That was going to be my next question have you been told what speed you'll get

If you wish enter your full postal address below and post the full table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@fiona.mac 

That is not a solution, your router is clearly rebooting itself and the line is dropping. This issue will likely be made worse by being on a fibre connection unless you are getting FTTP. Sorry to say but the agent has fobbed you off.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion