Discussion topic: Sky Hub - won't connect to iPhones or iPads but fine for laptops / tv.

This message was authored by PicaPica1234 This message was authored by: PicaPica1234

Sky Hub - won't connect to iPhones or iPads but fine for laptops / tv.

Recent problem with sky hub / ios

Sky hub set up at home. all fine for 3 months.  A few devices (inc Sky Glass) are hard wired into it via Cat 6.

Everything else would connect by wifi

Handheld devices normally connect via wifi. But recently (10 days) they cannot connect to the wifi.

They recognise the router, appears to connect via password. But the phone / ipad still won't actually connect via wifi. It will say it's connected in settings. but won't show the wifi logo in the top of the device. And then won't actually connect.

Laptops are fine. 

It's as if there is a Sky Hub setting that is not allowing the portable devices to connect. But i have the sheild off and have no restrictions.

What I've tried:

Reset network setign on ios devices. Didn't work

Reset router. Didn't work

Called Sky - sent new router out. Same problem with second router

Reset all iphone (back to factory settings). still didn't work

Tonight I've changed the router name and password as i read that could help. didn't help.

I have read about a Broadband Buddy that has just come out. but I can't download it on iphone as i can't connect to wifi.

Any thoughts?

CH

All Replies

This message was authored by Pedro74 This message was authored by: Pedro74

I can’t access my hub settings using admin and sky or the password on the back of the router??????

Sky Q Hub

When I enter the username of 'admin' and either 'sky' or the routers password into the 192.168.0.1 web page, it just bounces back.  Could anyone tell me how to access the hub/password reset?????

I've reset the router and tried it but i got the same outcome

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: I can’t access my hub settings using admin and sky or the password on the back of the router????

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pedro74If you have no custom settings in the router. You can try reset the router by holding in the reset button for 20 seconds. But it also might be worth while trying another browser first.

Those details you are using to login in on the router are correct.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Pedro74 This message was authored by: Pedro74

Re: I can’t access my hub settings using admin and sky or the password on the back of the router????

You were right with the browser.  It wasn't liking Safari but Firefox worked fine.  

Many thanks for your super quick response, v impressed!

This message was authored by SamL07 This message was authored by: SamL07

I'm having the same issue, but not working on safari, Firefox or chrome.

Called sky support last night and the customer service agent couldn't log in to her own sky router either...

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@SamL07So which browser are you using then if you are not using the browsers you named?

I usually use chrome, but like I say none of them are working so can't log into my router.

Any suggestions?

Sky are hopeless and I need to access to set up a video door bell.

thanks

@SamL07Have you tried to hold in the reset switch on the router for more than 20 seconds. Thus resetting the router.

Also which router do you have from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/which-sky-hub-do-you-have-no 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@SamL07 

If you have the newer router the password is the default WiFI password printed on the hub, not 'sky'

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Yes it's the new router. Username is admin and password is on the hub. Seems there's an issue across the board with sky routers 

This message was authored by clocktower This message was authored by: clocktower

same here guys...any browser, try to login, popup out window just bounces on entering the details.. was all ok yestrday. did sky updated the router software as its just local access not through net.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@clocktower wrote:

did sky updated the router software as its just local access not through net.

@clocktower 

Sky did start to roll-out a firmware update, from 10/01/22.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by clocktower This message was authored by: clocktower

ok..thanks for that info!..will it have resetted the admin password? as my wi fi ssid/password have not reset. what is the default admin password, sky in lowercase?

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@clocktower wrote:

what is the default admin password, sky in lowercase?

@clocktower 

Defaults are below the relevant Hub

Hubs.png

When resetting, hold the reset pin for at least 20 seconds. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

thanks for that. the admin was reset to original wifi password and not the one I have set for the wi fi. All settings are gone except wifi and upnp. didnt even had the latest backup so a painful redoing of all the port forwards and lan setup. why dont sky firmware update do a backup somewhere on the router before it updates. doesnt even notify before hand.. what a [removed] pain!!😤

Moderator note: profanity.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion