Discussion topic: Sky Hub keeps resetting

This message was authored by Harsh13990 This message was authored by: Harsh13990

Re: Sky Hub keeps resetting

Hi,

Can someone tell me how this got resolved?

I am facing the same problem as well.

TIA,

Harsh

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Harsh13990 wrote:

Hi,

Can someone tell me how this got resolved?

I am facing the same problem as well.

TIA,

Harsh

Highly likely to be a faulty router, call Sky and they will check for you.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by FlokiBear This message was authored by: FlokiBear

I'm having exactly the same problem. The Internet drops multiple times a day and Zoom meetings are a disaster at the moment. Can't play the radio through the Internet as it keeps cutting out. Web pages load slowly and I keep getting the message 'unstable internet connection' even though all the standard checks say everything is fine. Sometimes the box re-boots itself - this happened right in the middle of a Zoom meeting - embarassing.

FlokiBear
This message was authored by skydave3 This message was authored by: skydave3

Mine has been doing this for a while now, but not all the time. I can go months just fine and then a couple of weeks where it will restart at the same time everyday. This last week it's restarting at 10pm every night. 

I've tried all the restarting etc but it just seems to have a mind of it's own. Never found an answer and the router runs perfectly fine otherwise.

This message was authored by Rose64 This message was authored by: Rose64

Hub should have 3 green lights but several times a day one light goes off and then flashing amber comes on and we keep disconnecting and then connecting

Yeah that's what happens to me when it's going through these resetting phase. 

This message was authored by Alex471 This message was authored by: Alex471

I have the same issue. Keeps disconnecting and powering up again. Sky customer service suggested it was a power issue, have tried however connecting it to various sockets around the house and the issue persists. Forgot to mention that I had sky deliver to me a new hub and the same thing happens with the new hub after being initially fine for a good 6-7 hours. Now booked an engineer appointment.

Yeah I don't think it's anything in our side. I've not had the issue for a good couple of months now, but it'll random come back for a week or two at some point then go again. I've just accepted it will happen sometimes randomly. 

This message was authored by Ol+boy+john This message was authored by: Ol+boy+john

Re: Sky Hub has changed its address.

My new router has assumed the identity of the previous router. How could this happen old router is not plugged in to a power source.?
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky Hub has changed its address.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ol+boy+john 

Do you have Sky Q or any boosters?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Ol+boy+john This message was authored by: Ol+boy+john

Sky Q installed last 2 months

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ol+boy+john 

So your router would have pulled the name from the Q box which I assume was connected to your old router at some point

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Yes that could be so.

Have turned off new router ,rebooted no change back 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion