Discussion topic: Sky Conflicting and misleading messages

This message was authored by David175 This message was authored by: David175

Sky Conflicting and misleading messages

Engineer fails to visit after appointment made 12pm to 2pm  Then email received advising another appointment arranged following day  8am to 10pm , then an additional message received via WhatsApp advising all appointments postponed and to ignore all other messages???? Shambles!!! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Conflicting and misleading messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@David175 

You haven't said what work was to be carried out but if you call Sky they should be able to update you. Openreach update providers overnight on the status of appointments. 

If you already have a Sky Mobile or from your Sky Talk landline call free by dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible.

Note: We were informed recently the lines were busier than usual so try to pick a quieter time.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
David175
Topic Author
This message was authored by David175 This message was authored by: David175

Re: Sky Conflicting and misleading messages

The repair required is outside the house. Broadband and Line down, no faults inside the property. Engineer was schedules to visit Monday 8th 12pm to 2pm but did not turn up?? Message recived via text that Engineer would visit following day 9th 8am to 10am but another message recived via whatapp to advice us to ignore any other messages as all appointment were put on hold (conflicting information!!)

Another appointment was then arranged for 10th and Engineer eventauly turned up to advice us what we already knew, i.e fault is outside the propery!! He was unable to fix as apparently another Engineer was required to work in outside cabinet??

We are still without service ans apparently another engineer is again visitting visited Friday to fix the fault outside without the need for us to be at the propery?? What a shambles!!

was also called by a customer service advicer or representaive from complaints department but unfortunately I could hardly understand a word due to her poor English!! Shambles!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion