Discussion topic: Sky Broadband for last week has been dropping out several times a day

This message was authored by Mags91 This message was authored by: Mags91

Sky Broadband for last week has been dropping out several times a day

Sky Broadband for last week has been dropping out several times a day getting progressively worse to the point as of 8pm tonight cutting out every 5 to 10 minutes and still going at the moment. 

I have tried all troubleshooting steps including test via app. Turn off/ unplug at the wall for 5 minutes to generate a new mac number, reset button on router, reset via ip number 192.168.0.1, tried changing wifi channel. Nothing is working and as the Broadband comes back on after about 30 seconds its hard to pick up the outage on the test run. It may come back on but with it dropping every 5 minutes, its impossible to do anything or use the wifi. What can I do 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Broadband for last week has been dropping out several times a day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mags91 run the conection test in yhe My Sky app ideally while thecsystem is connected as that can offer an engineer to check your line if it finds a fault. Otherwise call Sky to report the issue they have access to the hub's performance data so should know what needs doing. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Nicky.j.h This message was authored by: Nicky.j.h

WiFi has been dropping of on this week now its of

This message was authored by Nora5 This message was authored by: Nora5

Hi Nicky you can restart the router and modem turn it off and turn them on after 1 minute 

I did that and it came back 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion