Discussion topic: Router rebooting multiple times a day. Does Sky no longer offer any support?

This message was authored by Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz This message was authored by: Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz

Router rebooting multiple times a day. Does Sky no longer offer any support?

My router, 5 years old, reboots two or three times a day. I presume it needs replacing, I've tried the normal of power off etc. Sky web site no longer seems to offer any way to report this. 

Is the only way to get a new router to cancel and change suppliers or is anyone aware of a support contact anywhere?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Router rebooting multiple times a day. Does Sky no longer offer any support?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz   You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Router rebooting multiple times a day. Does Sky no longer offer any support?

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz Sky have several thousand agents answering calls f0r 14 hours a day but given the number of customers lines get busy.

I agree if your hub is spontainously rdbooting it is faulty and needs replacing so I am escalating your post to a Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz  an invite to chat.

Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz This message was authored by: Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz

Many thanks to both of you for answering. There used to be a chat option or a I need more help link that let one ask a question not answered so thanks for this. 

All I wanted was to reporting the failing equipment on a service cost me nearly £2,000 a year which didn't seem an unreasonable ask from the website but clearly Sky want to avoid their costs,Eros at all costs!

this chat invite is exactly what I needed. 

Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz
Topic Author

Picked this reply up this morning, how do I find the chat invite?

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz don't count on a replacement router solving your problem I've had numerous replacements and they all do the same thing you have mentioned, internet is absolutely great when it works but the random rebooting, surely the last 4 or 5 replacements I've had haven't been faulty it's laughable and this isn't me moaning at the moderators on this forum they do a great job helping folk on here, it's Sky in general 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz therecshould be a brightly coloured chat icon on the forum page if it doesntvappear try turning off any pop up blockers or using another browser.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz wrote:

Picked this reply up this morning, how do I find the chat invite?

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz 
You should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz
Topic Author

Just came back to this thread to say it spontaneously rebooted again around 10.30pm last night. 

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz I'm in the same boat matey mine is rebooting and when it does it I can't login to the gateway for the sky router, rang Sky again this morning and got told to power the ONT off as it might not have registered with my replacement router, and that they had escalated it to the network team to monitor the line for 48 hours... So no further forward, when your router reboots do the lights stay on the ONT when it does it?

Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz
Topic Author

My router is tucked away on the top floor in a cupboard so I don't see the lights. It seems a full reboot as all the connection and up time stats reset, Wi-Fi is off etc. 

Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz
Topic Author

Another reboot jus now. Can you reopen the issue? I would really like to get this resolved. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Simonxxxxxxxxxxxz 
I’ll escalate your latest post to Sky when it’s ten minutes old and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion