Discussion topic: Problems with Internet access freezing needing a hub reboot

Derek+Lester
Topic Author
This message was authored by Derek+Lester This message was authored by: Derek+Lester

Re: Problems with Internet access freezing needing a hub reboot

Yes, they sent it to me to try. I have a SKY engineer coming out on the 30th.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

I understand your answer, but the question was if SKY sent you the replacement router

it should not be doing the issue that you are seeing, so 1. it may have an issue.

Also once you change the IP i would disconnect the PC network ethernet and switch of router

then allow it to connect as stand alone with just the WAN connected to the ONT.

Derek+Lester
Topic Author
This message was authored by Derek+Lester This message was authored by: Derek+Lester

Will give it a go when I get back.

Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Hi,

By way of an update, I never got over the issue with the "new" router SKY sent me, whereby when I changed the IP Address Range it wouldn't start.

Today the SKY engineer came out and provided yet another router, this time I was able to get my config restored to it without any issues and it is up and running and all good so far.

So the original Router they sent me was faulty, so I had no chance of getting that one running, that's a few hours of my life I will never get back......

I don't know how many versions of firmware there are out there at the moment, I have these on my 3 routers.

Original router is on version 7.03.0400.RM

New (faulty) router was on 7.03.0300.RM

New (working) router is currently on 7.02.0201.r

I would expect the new router to get updated in the next few days, will leave it running to see.

Anyone know what is the latest?

The proof will be in the next few days, to see if it stays up...

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Derek+Lester 

Do keep the community informed of the progress of the issue, and whether the 3rd router sorts the issue.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@Derek+Lester 

this below is the current and latest version. Believe there is a pause on updates so you may not see it until later when they restsart.

Original router is on version 7.03.0400.RM

Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Ok thanks, will keep an eye on it, all good so far.

Derek+Lester
Topic Author

4 days in and still running fine. So it looks like I have 2 faulty Hubs out of 3. Not really good quality kit.

Seeing a lot of lease renewed messages in the logs:

06:14:19 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
06:24:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
06:42:49 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
06:54:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
07:16:43 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
07:24:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
07:49:07 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
07:54:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
08:15:49 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
08:20:37 syslog: Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
08:20:37 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com
08:20:37 syslog: System time is up to date
08:24:33 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
08:48:31 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
08:54:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
09:21:31 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
09:24:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
09:54:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
09:56:01 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
10:24:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
10:26:37 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
10:48:07 syslog: Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
10:48:08 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com
10:48:08 syslog: System time is up to date
10:54:32 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
10:54:35 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
11:24:35 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
11:26:20 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241
11:54:35 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
11:55:26 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip 2.126.253.241

Is that normal behaviour?

Firmware is still at 7.02.0201.R as well, I assume it will get updated at some stage.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Derek+Lester 

The public IP address renewals are normal.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Ok thanks, I won't worry about the lease renewals then. Other than that it is running fine, with download around 517 mbps and upload at 72 mbps.

Will monitor for a few more days then close this out.

Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Well that was short lived, went down this evening, internet green light still on but VOIP light orange. No internet or phone.

Re-booted and back up again.

Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Gone down again tonight, will re-instate the nightly reboot as it has failed within 24hrs.

I will try and get SKY involved but they are not interested if they can't see an issue when they login.

• @Derek+Lester
  • This has been an intermittent fault. Are you able to use the web interface when you have the orange light on for voice failure. If so when in the maintenance tab, could you go to the connect tab, disconnect wait 10 sec, then reconnect and see if the internet connection returns. Then report back your findings. 
Derek+Lester
Topic Author

Hi,

When the orange light is on I cannot access the router from a PC, the Internet light is still green but there is no connection.

@Derek+Lester

Is your pc connected wireless or ethernet, was wondering if any of the interface to the router is available. If both are locked out, would report that as the issue, and your reset gets you going for the short period only.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion