Discussion topic: Port forwarding not working properly

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Port forwarding not working properly

Hello everyone,
nice to meet you, I am new to the community and this is my first post.
Forgive me for posting on an already open thread, but I couldn't find suitable answers to my issue.

Basically, the IP associated with the device is not the same as the one that appears in the list for me to create port forwarding.
Going through the various connected devices and seeing their details I verify and the IP present is the one really associated with the device, by means of a static lease set up beforehand.
Whereas after creating port forwarding, I get a totally different IP in the list that I cannot find on the modem.
This problem does not occur on just one device but on all those with a static lease.
You can only set this function via the sky wifi app and not directly from the modem, where there are pull-down menus and the settings are not 100% customizable.
I tried to contact customer care explaining the issue but to no avail.
I hope I have explained myself as simply as possible.
I leave some screenshots below.

Bad IP.jpg

Good IP.jpg

sky hub.png

static lease.png

Thanks to everyone who can help me out.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Port forwarding not working properly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous from the one picture that has not been rejected - pictures with details thst can identify you like IP addresses or mac addresses must be obscured - is in Italian this forum supports Sky UK and Sky Ireland. If you are in either country can repost with the pictures adjusted but sorry forum members have no knowledge of Sky Italia's kit.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Topic Author

@Chriseethank you very much for the feedback, although your answer breaks my heart. 😭
To your knowledge, is there an official sky forum for italy?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous try this site https://www.digital-forum.it/forumdisplay.php?4-SKY-ITALIA 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Topic Author

@Chrisee Thanks a lot. 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion