Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Rajv2 This message was authored by: Rajv2

Re: Play station portal

@Chrisee All devices are in the same room next to each other.

the error however is saying that it's a validation error and requires a web browser to validate which make zero sense as it's a home Wi-Fi and not a public Wi-Fi like ikea or McDonald's 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rajv2 sounds like a config error as its not something any Sky hub I have come across causing. BT hubs used to do this. There was something similar reported before Christmas butI am not sure if or how it eneded.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by DanTuckey This message was authored by: DanTuckey

@Rajv2 @Try turning off Broadband Shield, that has worked in fixing numerous issues I was having 

This message was authored by Rajv2 This message was authored by: Rajv2

@DanTuckey no idea what happened but it's suddenly started working after doing nothing and leaving it alone. But thanks for the suggestion!

This message was authored by ThomasPrice94 This message was authored by: ThomasPrice94

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to Sky internet

Has anyone found a soloution? I was connected to my wifi router yesterday fine, had a new router installed and now it's showing me this message also. Please help. 

This message was authored by Nick2605 This message was authored by: Nick2605

I can't connect either, I'm at my wits end with it. Not sure what else to try now. Tried disabling security, changing 5ghz synchronisation, nothing is working. Everything but the portal

will connect

This message was authored by ThomasPrice94 This message was authored by: ThomasPrice94

Mine was working yesterday and then sky sent me a new router as we were having wifi connectivity issues in general, but it would still connect and work 90% of the time. Plugged the new one in and set it up with everything and since then nothing. I've reverted back to the old router now. I spoke to sky for 60 minutes on the phone earlier and they couldn't fix it. Useless. 

This message was authored by Nick2605 This message was authored by: Nick2605

I also changed my router/reset it and that's when mine also started doing this. Mine also only wouldn't connect after getting a new router, how strange. I've phoned sky 3 times and none of them have an answer 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

How was this fixed? 
I am now getting this error on my portal after doing a reset which was asked of me to do by a sky expert over the phone. Now I cannot connect back ask asking for this validation process on the portal??

Same. Mine has only now done this after resetting my sky hub. Any ideas of to fix/ rectify this? 

This message was authored by kevi This message was authored by: kevi

mine done the same after resetting! i've tried everything mentioned! 

I have a new sky hub coming tomorrow so will let you know if that helps. 
I am currently getting 10mbps dowload speed over wifi even though my fibre is 500mbps!! 

This message was authored by kevi This message was authored by: kevi

I'm on Gigafast getting good speeds , everything else is running ok, was connected on portal , i reset my router as kept dropping out a number of times in the day ! now i can't connect it at all. 

Yeah I had the same issue. Went to my mom and dads house who have sky wifi and portal connected straight away. Just at mine it doesn't. hopefully a new wifi hub will fix this. 
interent into my home looks good it's jus the wifi. reset both portal and wifi. Even disconnected the hub and ont for half hour and still no fix. Now speeds over wifi have dropped to nearly nothing. 

This message was authored by DanTuckey This message was authored by: DanTuckey

Try turning off your broadband shield and pressing reset on the back of your hub 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion