Discussion topic: Packages after you are out of contract

This message was authored by Lindsey+Q This message was authored by: Lindsey+Q

Packages after you are out of contract

I signed up recently for a new sky package (which i am very pleased with). Whilst i was setting it up the representative mentioned he remembered that i had spoken to him when i set up my mums account and as it was about two years ago i should make sure i checked the amount she was paying. My mum is almost 80 and i deal with her administration. When i checked i noticed her sky package had increased to approx £87 and it was due to increase to approx£95 in April. She has no devices that use the internet other than the sky and TV box and she only has broadband so she can have the TV box and the landline. I did not get a good answer when i spoke to Sky they could only reduce her package by £5 which is not enough. We deicded to move to another provider however it now transpires she cannot use virgin in her area. Any suggestions if/how i negotiate a lower package with Sky - mine is new and substantially cheaper than my mums for much faster speed. She is reliant on her landline as she lives alone and she uses the TV for company. Any suggestions gratefully received         

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Packages after you are out of contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lindsey+Q 

When calling tell the voice bot that you want to cancel. Cancellations can offer much better deals than the normal support queue agents.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion