Discussion topic: Order Cancellation not completed

This message was authored by norbynivag This message was authored by: norbynivag

Order Cancellation not completed

I mistakenly ordered BB with Sky believing my current service with another provider had reached the end of the contract. Turns out I had right date, but wrong year!

I call current provider to say I am not leaving (massive ETF) and by way of a sweetner offer to recontract me on a better deal. Yes please. 

Call Sky to highlight my error and cancel my order. Told would cancel in 24 hours. Phone up 3 days later. Still not "fully" cancelled. Phone a day or two later, still not "fully" cancelled. My order status with Sky still shows... 

Sky Broadband cancellation 
Action required
It appears there's been an issue with your order

Please contact us to get your order back on track

Same message it has shown since my first call. Now current provider cannot recontract me as there is a stalemate as the provisioning of my BB is still showing as pending takeover. At this point I'm willing to go with whichever provider can resolve this. However, in 4 days, my current service will expire due to the pending cancellation and both providers are pointing at each other and stating all is right on their side. 

Anyone in Sky willing to take ownership? I've been with you for 12 years with various services and even multiple accounts. Now stuck in limbo, with neither party offering an olive branch. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Order Cancellation not completed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@norbynivag Sky cannot respond to a forum post. However the cancellation of the Sky order should be automatic and is initiated by EE/BT not by you. The message in the Sky order is a standard one that appears when there is a change in the order from Openreach which indicates the process has started.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@norbynivag Sky cannot respond to a forum post. However the cancellation of the Sky order should be automatic and is initiated by EE/BT not by you. The message in the Sky order is a standard one that appears when there is a change in the order from Openreach which indicates the process has started.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
norbynivag
Topic Author
This message was authored by norbynivag This message was authored by: norbynivag

Hi, thank you for your speedy and informative reply. I guess my main quarm is, as you said, that this message is am indicator that this process has "started". It started on 29th April. It's now 12th May and doesn't appear to have completed. 

This message was authored by Shayalyndria This message was authored by: Shayalyndria

Good afternoon, I too have this same issue, we have cancelled our broadband with you in "July 2023" and it's still showing as update required we are trying to move home and I cannot book in the engineer to re-install sky at our new home as it keeps telling me we have an open order with y ou. Which as far as I am aware since "July 2023" (we are now in September?!) we have not, so can someone please help? Thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion