Discussion topic: No broadband for over a week!

This message was authored by fix-my-fibre This message was authored by: fix-my-fibre

No broadband for over a week!

Recently switched from copper broadband to fibre - delayed for many weeks now after unstable connection for a few more weeks it has completely stopped working. Had an Open reach Engineer visit on the 5th working day but said my set-up was fine - was a fault somewhere else on the network but he didn't have the skills to resolve. Sky haven't provided any timely updates - I have to keep rining to get an update - most of the time there is no new information - on Friday I was told Sky would provide an update but got no text message, email or call back. The service is appalling - I know there is a dependency on Open Reach to resolve but the lack of comms from Sky is really disappointing. Being with Sky for over 20 years - doesnt seem to matter no escalation of the fault - seriously thinking of moving to Virgin Cable now to avoid this Open Reach - Sky broken process. Furthermore, I work from home and have been using my mobile hot spot for data now I have reach my data limit and must incur costs to be able to obtain more data. This is the same for the rest of the household so more extra costs for me to pick-up. I am a patient person - 2 to 5 working days to resolve a fault is more than enough. It really is ridiculous that the fault is going into the second week - I wish I stayed on the old copper lines. Think thats the max of Openreach & Sky's abilities. Sorry for the rant but need Sky to take this seriously and investigate - provide a fix ETA and provide daily updates until its resolved & then compensate more then just the auto compensation. Thanks     

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No broadband for over a week!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fix-my-fibre wrote:

Sorry for the rant but need Sky to take this seriously and investigate - provide a fix ETA and provide daily updates until its resolved & then compensate more then just the auto compensation.     

Unfortunately that's not a realistic expectation for any domestic ISP on the Openreach network: it just isn't how the business sector operates, or what their slim profit margin on any particular subscription can support.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion