Discussion topic: No broadband connection but test shows all fine

This message was authored by Scraffa This message was authored by: Scraffa

No broadband connection but test shows all fine

I have expedienced no internet connection over a number of hours over the past 2 nights, early morning actually at around 2 and 3 am.  
I have checked the signal and run various test from the Sky Broadband part of the my sky app which has indicated good signal and no problems. Frankly this is **bleep**. I have a number of screenshots to support my view. 
Any similar issues? Having watched Mr Bates v PO, this is no way near the seriousness of that fiasco, but sky does appear to me to be following a similar strategy. 

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: No broadband connection but test shows all fine

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scraffa It is in no way similar to what happened and continues to happen with the horizon scandle, mentioning it in the same breath is insulting to those involved,and frankly a massive overreaction on your part.

Loss of connection during the times you mention is usually down to essential maintenance, it's unavoidable and Sky can't do anything about it(happens to all ISP's that use the Openreach network).

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
Scraffa
Topic Author

In no way did I want compare with Horizon, on very loosely in terms of company strategy. 
I fully understand downtime but I question why am I told the connection, speed and transfer speed all good and that there are no problems? I hope this isn't another social media approach where others negatively comment but don't respond to the issues. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scraffa wrote:

early morning actually at around 2 and 3 am. 

If you have Q television, it's typically the box(es) going into a power saving mode and so dropping the WiFi mesh which does that.

Alternatively, there may be Openreach network maintenance happening locally, which will be timed to occur when fewest people are online.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Scraffa
Topic Author

Many thanks for the response. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion