Discussion topic: New home - BT Master socket loose

This message was authored by ClaireT This message was authored by: ClaireT

New home - BT Master socket loose

I have moved into a new home and ordered (and am using) Sky boradband. On occasion the connection drops (at the router, this is not a wifi issue). The issue appears to be if we displace the bt master socket. The whole thing is not attached to a wall, the skinny wires are visibly bare. How do I go about getting this remediated? Thanks! I have an image of the issue but cannot attach here

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: New home - BT Master socket loose

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClaireT  Are you with Sky already or have you just ordered it?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
ClaireT
Topic Author
This message was authored by ClaireT This message was authored by: ClaireT

@Highlinder We are connected already (to Sky) and have been for a while. This socket got connected as part of our switch-on (I am not sure what previous owners had/didn't have).

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClaireT Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If this does not find anything wrong, would be faster for you to call Sky and report this so that they can get out an engineer to fix this at not cost to yourselves.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion