Discussion topic: New customer, what will engineer install for me?

This message was authored by Dora2 This message was authored by: Dora2

New customer, what will engineer install for me?

Sky is installing Broadband/tv. They given me instructions on connecting things to things,. I need an engineer to do this for me, and make sure things work before leaving. I've had bad experiences with people charging money and doing nothing. Or making it so they came come back and charge me again. So will SKY SUPPLY AN ENGINEER.?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: New customer, what will engineer install for me?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dora2  What type of broadband are you having installed and TV is totally separate so it might be 2 engineers that come out. There is no charge for this.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Dora2 wrote:

So will SKY SUPPLY AN ENGINEER.?

For a first time satellite television installation, yes.  For broadband, sometimes.

But note in the case of broadband it's not the responsibility of an 'engineer' to connect up client devices (if they attend the address at all) : it's assumed by all ISPs that it's the end user who does that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Dora2 wrote:

I've had bad experiences with people charging money and doing nothing. Or making it so they came come back and charge me again.

There should be no such charges applied for either television or broadband, unless you specify an appointment outside 'normal' working hours.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion