Discussion topic: My booster only shows the power light.

This message was authored by Sam1975 This message was authored by: Sam1975

My booster only shows the power light.

After cancelling the Sky Q account my internet has been rather poor.

The booster we have now only shows a power light.

I have tried to reset the booster but unfortunately it does nothing.

I have attempted to press the pairing button for a few seconds but no light flashes.

The main router is still working but unless you sit right next to it... there's hardly a reason to try get online through it.

The booster is in the same room.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: My booster only shows the power light.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Sam1975 

If you got rid of Sky Q its possible your Q box or mini boxes were providing a stronger signal which has now dissapeared.

If you are unable to get the booster to reconnect then you may need to try connecting it via ethernet.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by 109Willow This message was authored by: 109Willow

Also having the same problem with my sky booster, not sure of the cause but it randomly stopped working about a week ago. Only green power light, reset not working and the amber connection button to connect to main hub not even flashing. Now can't get the internet connection on our tv as that's the room we needed a booster. Can't move the main hub as only one master socket in the far bedroom. Always worked fine before.

This message was authored by DC1963 This message was authored by: DC1963

Exactly the same issue, booster just stopped working with the power light green and nothing else showing. It worked a week ago....

This message was authored by Davidgbee This message was authored by: Davidgbee

I'm having the same issue.

Only a power light. Resetting does nothing. Unplugging does nothing. WPS button does nothing.

Any ideas?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davidgbee assuming the hub does not connect when moved close to the hub it is faulty and needs replacing if Sky provided it give them a call.. If ithe unit does spring back into life then move it roughly half way between where the hub is and where you need to boost as Boosters need a decent signal to work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Davidgbee This message was authored by: Davidgbee

Thanks @Chrisee 

I can't get it to do anything when resetting or recovering other than change the power light from green to red. The WPS button does nothing so I can't trigger it to re-search.

I'll give Sky a call

Thanks again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion